Shabbat shalom! The year is getting off to a fast start… just check out the stories this week.
Stay warm, and have a great weekend. Enjoy!
- HIAS Recruiting Legal Delegations to the Border (1/9/2020) - The Hebrew Immigrant Aid Society (HIAS) is actively recruiting pro bono attorneys to join on volunteer delegations to the U.S.-Mexico border, where HIAS serves asylum seekers. Continue Reading
- To Beat An Unbeatable Foe (1/5/2020) - Chanukah may be over but its message is not. Especially with recent challenges to Jewish lives, we need to find experiences that bolster our determination to thrive, and our confidence in humanity. Continue Reading
- Hadran (1/9/2020) - Danny completed the momentous task of reading a page of Talmud each day for the last seven and a half years. Here are his thoughts about the experience… Continue Reading
- It’s a Reder Girl! (1/9/2020) - Welcome Lily Mae Reder! Continue Reading
- Kabbalat Shabbat Services at Manor Care Friday Night (1/7/2020) - Join us as we bring a little Shabbat joy to the residents of Manor Care Retirement Home, this Friday, January 10, 2020, from 5-5:30 pm. Continue Reading
- Rabbi Marc’s A Dash of Drash – Ancestral Healing with Reb Tirzah is Episode 101 (1/7/2020) - Ancestral Healing with Special Guest Rabbi Tirzah Firestone is Episode 101 of a Dash of Drash. Continue Reading
- Introduction to Kaballah Class Starting Soon (1/5/2020) - In this seven-week class starting January 16th, we will explore the overall place of kaballah in Jewish thought, review the major texts involved, and look at some key tenets of the tradition. Continue Reading
- Adam and Julian Blatt B’nai Mitzvah (1/5/2020) - On Saturday, January 11th, 2020, Adam and Julian Blatt will be called to the Torah as B'nai Mitzvah at Congregation Har HaShem. Continue Reading
- JCRC Calls for Holocaust Education Policy, Hosts State Capitol Event (1/9/2020) - Determined to see policy change in the wake of rising anti-Semitic attacks across the country, the Jewish Community Relations Council (JCRC) will spend a day at the State Capitol next week, urging legislators to consider legislation on stronger Holocaust and genocide education in Colorado middle and high schools. Continue Reading
- JCC Denver Hosts Summer Camp Kick-Off Bash Sunday (1/8/2020) - The Staenberg-Loup Jewish Community Center (JCC Denver) is hosting a Summer Camp Kick-off Bash on Sunday, January 12 from 2:30-4:30 pm. Continue Reading
Arts and Culture
- In a Constant State of Grace (1/9/2020) - A new poem from Lisa Tremback. Continue Reading
- Raisins and Almonds: A Tu B’Shvat Celebration (1/8/2020) - The Colorado Hebrew Chorale and its women’s choir Kol Nashim present their third annual gala, Raisins and Almonds: A Tu B’Shvat Celebration, Sunday, January 26. Continue Reading
- January Lunch and Learns with Rabbi Jamie Korngold and Dr. David Ilan (1/5/2020) - The Lunch and Learn program at the Boulder JCC is thrilled to present a series of learning and social opportunities for the winter/spring season. Here are two for January. Continue Reading