Shabbat shalom! After a balmy January, it seems winter has returned to the Front Range. Check out how a bunch of Bonai Shalom families celebrated here.
Tu B’Shevat, the festival of trees, is this Sunday night. Right now, their branches are holding a lot of fresh snow! Organizations all over the world are planting trees to help our planet breathe. JTree is an international Jewish climate initiative with the goal to plant one million trees in the US, partnering with the National Forest Foundation. Details here. Plant through onetreeplanted.org here. Or JNF here.
The Boulder JCC is hosting a Tu B’Shevat celebration on Sunday! JNF is in on the action as well, with yoga and a sweepstakes.
Jerry Pinsker will give a talk about ADL’s No Place for Hate campaign on February 23rd. Too late for community member Paul Korda’s ill-fated trip to Iowa to volunteer for the Warren campaign last week.
Stay warm, and have a great weekend and a busy week. Enjoy!
- Warren Volunteer from Longmont Alleges Beating, Mistreatment in Polk County, Iowa Jail (2/3/2020) - For the past six days I have been in Des Moines, Iowa because I volunteered to help the Sen. Warren Campaign here. On my second day here, January 28, I was arrested by the Des Moines police for misdemeanor trespassing at a local office of the Campaign. Its a complicated story. Continue Reading
- Curious About our Unique Bar and Bat Mitzvah Programs? (2/6/2020) - Please join Rabbi Jamie Korngold on Monday, February 10 for an informational session to hear more about our B'nai Mitzah programs. Continue Reading
- Bonai Families Pray Together and Play Together (2/6/2020) - Last Sunday, February 2nd, some of Congregation Bonai Shalom's young and young at heart - including Rabbi Marc! - skied together at Eldora. Continue Reading
- Manor Care Shabbat Service Friday, 2/7 (2/3/2020) - Join us as we bring a little Shabbat joy to the residents of Manor Care Retirement Home, Friday, February 7, 2020. Continue Reading
- Celebrate Tu B’Shevat at the Boulder JCC (2/2/2020) - The Boulder JCC is hosting a Zero Waste Tu B’Shevat Seder for adults on Sunday, February 9 in partnership with Congregation Bonai Shalom, Congregation Har HaShem, Congregation Nevei Kodesh, Hazon, Moishe House, Tuv Ha'aretz, and Morah Yehudis Fishman: Community Educator. Continue Reading
- Jerry Pinsker Will Present Program on Bullying and Anti-Semitism (2/5/2020) - This Anti-Defamation League (ADL) program, “Addressing Bullying and Anti-Semitism,” will take place on Sunday, February 23, 2020 at Congregation Bonai Shalom. Co-sponsored by Boulder Hadassah. Continue Reading
- This Week: Toward a History of Jewish – Native American Relations (2/2/2020) - In this lecture, Professor David Koffman will map the broad contours of the American Jewish – Native American encounter from the middle of the nineteenth century to the middle of the twentieth. Continue Reading
- This Week for CU’s Jewish Buffs – 2/3 (2/2/2020) - Here are this week's activities for CU Boulder's Jewish student community. Continue Reading
Arts and Culture
- Dave Grusin’s Oscar-Winning Ode to the Southwest (2/6/2020) - Get ready for the Boulder Jewish Film Festival's opening night tribute to Dave Grusin with a special screening of "The Milagro Beanfield War" on March 1, at 3:30 pm in the Boe. Continue Reading
- HaSifria: Community Library at the Boulder JCC Welcomes All (2/6/2020) - HaSifria: The Library at the Boulder JCC is the largest collection of Jewish literature, media, and resources in Boulder County. In addition to books, the Library offers many upcoming programs. Continue Reading
- God’s Karmic Cycle (2/6/2020) - A new poem from Lisa Tremback. Continue Reading
- Celebrating a Colorado Cowboy Turned Music Legend (2/5/2020) - The Boulder Jewish Film Festival opens March 4 celebrating jazz legend Dave Grusin, who scored dozen of Hollywood classics. Continue Reading