Shabbat shalom and Happy Valentine’s Day! To celebrate the day, check out this Sexy Shabbos post from Dr. Jenni Skyler, published for Valentine’s Day 5770 (2010): 7 Ways to Make Valentine’s Day Sexy.
Meanwhile, we’re a week out from the Boulder JCC’s 13th Annual Gala, Reflections, next Saturday, February 22nd.. Read about the honorees, Barbara Steinmetz and Emily and Jonathan Cooper, and be sure to get your tickets!
If you’re interested in volunteering for the 2020 Census, Congregation Har HaShem’s Tikkun Olam committee has scheduled two training sessions, one this Sunday, February 16 and one Wednesday February 19th.
Stay warm, and have a Sexy Shabbos and a great weekend. Enjoy!
- Emily and Jonathan Cooper Honorees at Boulder JCC’s 13th Annual Reflections (2/10/2020) - Each year, the Boulder JCC selects honorees to be recognized for their commitment to the values of the JCC and dedication to creating positive change throughout Boulder County. At our 13th Annual Reflections on Saturday, February 22, Emily & Jonathan Cooper and Barbara Steinmetz will be honored. Continue Reading
- Israeli President Reuven Rivlin Marks Jewish Disability Awareness, Acceptance, and Inclusion Month; Meets Soldiers with Disabilities (2/10/2020) - Kick-starting the month of February and the recognition of Jewish Disability Awareness, Acceptance, and Inclusion Month (JDAAIM), President Reuven “Ruvi” Rivlin of Israel met with a group of young men and women from the Israel Defense Forces’ (IDF) volunteer corps. Continue Reading
- Barbara Steinmetz To Be Honored at Boulder JCC’s 13th Annual Reflections (2/9/2020) - Each year, the Boulder JCC selects honorees to be recognized for their commitment to the values of the JCC and dedication to creating positive change throughout Boulder County. At our 13th Annual Reflections at the Boulder JCC on Saturday, February 22, Barbara Steinmetz and Emily & Jonathan Cooper will be honored. Continue Reading
- Join Now for Goats and Veggies (2/12/2020) - Beit Izim (House of Goats) and Tuv Haaretz (Good for the Earth) CSA are looking for new members, find out more! Continue Reading
- Spring Adult Education at Bonai Shalom Kicks Off in February (2/11/2020) - Congregation Bonai Shalom kicks off its Spring Adult Ed series with three classes this month. Check them out! Continue Reading
- Calling All Poets (2/13/2020) - The Boulder JCC will be hosting a Poetry Slam on Wednesday, February 19 at 6:30 pm in HaSifria: The Library at the Boulder JCC. Snacks and drinks will be served. Continue Reading
- Everyone Counts: Boulder County Faith Leaders Discuss the 2020 Census (2/12/2020) - The upcoming 2020 US Census is seen by many as a moral and social justice imperative. Congregation Har HaShem and the Boulder JCC are hosting events in February to prepare the community to help. Continue Reading
- Do A Mitzvah at the Boulder JCC (2/9/2020) - You are invited on Wednesday, February 12 to make fleece tie blankets for Alzheimer’s patients and Soup Kits for families experiencing food insecurity in Boulder County. Continue Reading
- This Week for CU’s Jewish Buffs – 2/10 (2/9/2020) - Here are this week's activities for CU Boulder's Jewish student community. Continue Reading
Arts and Culture
- Boulder JCC’s Messinger Gallery Welcomes Artists Cara Enteles and Angela Beloian (2/13/2020) - On Monday, March 2, a new installation by artists Cara Enteles and Angela Beloian, titled “Reflection Nature,” opens in the Boulder JCC Messinger Gallery. Continue Reading
- New Poetry Collection Available from Henry Rasof (2/13/2020) - Henry Rasof has a new .pdf e-collection of all of his Jewish poetry and prose not already published in his two print books. Continue Reading
- OLLI Boulder Spring Registration Opens February 17 (2/11/2020) - OLLI Boulder Spring Term begins March 30. Registration opens February 17. Continue Reading