Shabbat shalom! Chanukah starts next Thursday. Be sure to check out all our coverage on our Chanukah page.
Boulder County (along with all Metro Denver counties) moved to Level Red on Friday November 20th; this is the most restrictive level before we get to a full blown Stay at Home order. Please be sure to follow all the recommendations/ requirements of Boulder County Public Health to combat COVID-19, including wearing masks in public and avoiding gatherings outside your family group.
You can find all of our local community virtual services at the “Jewish Community Virtual Offerings” link below under “Events”. There is also a link to the list of online programs being offered by the Boulder JCC.
Meanwhile, here are sources that will have the most up-to-date information about COVID-19 in Boulder and Colorado:
- Boulder JCC for the Jewish community
- Congregation Har HaShem for the Jewish community
- City of Boulder
- Boulder County
- Colorado Department of Public Health & Environment
- Centers for Disease Control
Stay safe, stay healthy, and stay warm.
- Sustainable Israeli-Palestinian Projects (SIPP) Highlights Its Mini-Grant Projects (Part 3) (12/3/2020) - Tune in via Zoom at 11 am MST on December 6th to hear from SIPP’s seven new Mini-Grant recipients. Continue Reading
- The Queen’s Speech (11/30/2020) - Living in Boulder in these times, I have found two areas of interest besides covid, that stood out this November- One is the second year of Clean Speech Colorado, a program dedicated to teaching proper ways of talking. The second feature of this month is many of my friends’ fascination with the Netflix series, the… Continue Reading
- Meditations of the Heart (11/29/2020) - For today’s sit, I offer my favorite teacher Sylvia Boorstein’s invitation, “May I meet this moment fully, may I meet it as a friend.” And as Rabbi Flam suggests, "With practice and over time, the part of the mind that’s all about me can go to sleep a little and the fundamental mind, the heart… Continue Reading
- Last Call to Sign Up for a Chanukah Gift Box! (12/3/2020) - We have a special surprise Chanukah in a Box with some of the seasonal treats that people have come to enjoy. Sign up by December 6tth for yours! Continue Reading
- Celebrate Chanukah Virtually with the Boulder JCC (12/3/2020) - The Boulder JCC is excited to celebrate Chanukah with you and your family. Please join us for one of our upcoming holiday programs. All programs are virtual. Continue Reading
- River and Woods Offering Chanukah Meals (12/3/2020) - Order by December 7th, pick up or delivery available December 10, 11 and 12. Continue Reading
- JTree Gift Suggestion (12/2/2020) - Would you/your children come together and plant 18 trees in honor of grandparents for Channukah this year? Continue Reading
- Rye Society Offers Chanukah Bundles/Catering (11/30/2020) - Rye Society is offering "Chanukah Bundles" as well as catering for pick up between December 10th and 17th in Boulder (and Denver). Orders must be placed at least two days ahead of time, but you can make your plans today. Continue Reading
- Set a Goal: Zero Waste This Chanukah. We’ll Tell You How. (11/30/2020) - Rosie Briggs, from Eco-Cycle, will be leading a virtual class for the community this Thursday evening December 3rd, “Green Gift Giving.” Sign up and learn how you can create a positive impact on the environment and climate this Chanukah! Continue Reading
- Buy Less Stuff This Holiday Season (11/29/2020) - The City of Boulder envisions building a circular economy to make a big impact on our consumption emissions. The infrastructure they envision is an impressive goal! We can start working toward this vision right now by changing the way we think about gifting this holiday season and buying less stuff! Continue Reading
Arts and Culture
- Awaken Us in the Spring (12/3/2020) - A new poem by Lisa Tremback. Continue Reading
- Studio Israel: The Empire Shoots Back in Mizrahi Feminist Video Art (12/2/2020) - The Schusterman Center for Israel Studies at Brandeis University invites you to join us and our partners online for the second Studio Israel: Conversation Series, featuring artist Vered Nissim in conversation with Dr. Sivan Rajuan Shtang. Continue Reading
- Celebrate the New Year of Chassidism (12/3/2020) - Join us on Sunday, December 6, at 5:30 pm either live with social distancing or virtually for an evening of song and Chassidic teachings in honor of the Chassidic holiday of Yud-Tes Kislev. Continue Reading
- This Week at Nevei Kodesh and Chanukah Begins! (12/3/2020) - Nevei Kodesh, a warm and welcoming Jewish Renewal Community invites you to join us virtually for prayer, study and connection! Continue Reading
- Join Har HaShem Virtually – December 4 – 11 (12/3/2020) - Here is a quick list of all virtual events sponsored by Congregation Har HaShem in the next week. Continue Reading
- Amplifying Voices: Stories of Exclusion, Stories of Change (12/2/2020) - Jews of Color Speak about Moving from Welcoming to Belonging Continue Reading
- Rabbi Tirzah Firestone, Ph.D Presents: Wounds into Wisdom (11/29/2020) - Join Rabbi Dr. Tirzah Firestone on Thursday, December 10 via Zoom as she offers hope to those whose lives have been shattered by trauma. Continue Reading