Shabbat shalom and happy Chanukah! Thursday night, Boulder County Center for Judaism hosted a virtual community wide Chanukah party and menorah lighting that attracted roughly 300 family members. Be sure to check out all our holiday coverage on our Chanukah page.
You can re-live the party right here with this YouTube video:
Boulder County (along with all Metro Denver counties) moved to Level Red on Friday November 20th; this is the most restrictive level before we get to a full blown Stay at Home order. Please be sure to follow all the recommendations/ requirements of Boulder County Public Health to combat COVID-19, including wearing masks in public and avoiding gatherings outside your family group.
You can find all of our local community virtual services at the “Jewish Community Virtual Offerings” link below under “Events”. There is also a link to the list of online programs being offered by the Boulder JCC.
Meanwhile, here are sources that will have the most up-to-date information about COVID-19 in Boulder and Colorado:
- Boulder JCC for the Jewish community
- Congregation Har HaShem for the Jewish community
- City of Boulder
- Boulder County
- Colorado Department of Public Health & Environment
- Centers for Disease Control
Stay safe, stay healthy, and stay warm.
- Opinion: Brooklyn’s 7,000-Person Wedding (12/10/2020) - It all comes down to “promote the general welfare” vs. “the free exercise…of religion.” Continue Reading
- JFS Boulder Distributes Chanukah Bags to Older Adult Communities (12/10/2020) - Due to social distancing and other safety practices, JFS Boulder was not able to host traditional Chanukah celebrations in older adult communities this year like we have in the past. However, we have found creative solutions to bring the holidays to the community! Continue Reading
- Time to Light Up Boulder! (12/10/2020) - Boulder Center for Judaism is excited that this year there are more large Menorahs displayed in Boulder County to help create a holiday spirit. Continue Reading
- Chanukah Week at Nevei Kodesh! (12/10/2020) - Nevei Kodesh, a warm and welcoming Jewish Renewal Community invites you to join us virtually for prayer, study and connection! Continue Reading
- Chanukah at Har HaShem (12/10/2020) - Here is a quick list of all virtual Chanukah events sponsored by Congregation Har HaShem in the next week. Continue Reading
- More Meditations of the Heart…Just Rest (12/10/2020) - Here’s a suggestion. At least for right now, for a few minutes. Take this opportunity to stop wrestling with any of the things that are weighing heavy on your heart at the moment. Just take a Rest. Continue Reading
- Menorah Lighting and Shabbat on Snow at Copper, December 12 (12/9/2020) - Join The Adventure Rabbi for the Nation’s Most Unique Menorah Lighting for Hannukah at Copper Mountain, Saturday, December 12. Continue Reading
- L’Chaim – A Taste of Chanukah Music from Israel (12/9/2020) - The fifth program of the Colorado Hebrew Chorale’s monthly series, L’Chaim – A Taste of Jewish Music from – Anywhere! will be held the 5th night of Chanukah. Monday, Dec. 14, 2020, Continue Reading