Please be sure to follow all the recommendations/requirements of Boulder County Public Health, including wearing masks in public. Governor Polis has now issued an order requiring masks in all public indoor spaces. The City of Boulder has seen a spike in cases recently; please be vigilant in protecting your families and yourself.
You can find all of our local community virtual services at the “Jewish Community Virtual Offerings” link below under “Events”. There is also a link to the list of online programs being offered by the Boulder JCC.
Meanwhile, here are sources that will have the most up-to-date information about COVID-19 in Boulder and Colorado:
- Boulder JCC for the Jewish community
- Congregation Har HaShem for the Jewish community
- City of Boulder
- Boulder County
- Colorado Department of Public Health & Environment
- Centers for Disease Control
Stay safe, stay healthy, and have a great weekend.
- Children of Holocaust Survivors Reflect on Their Traumatic Legacy in a New Collection of Essays (8/6/2020) - Kathryn Bernheimer shares her thoughts about growing up the child of survivors Continue Reading
- What Serendipity (and Black and Jewish Culture) May Teach Us About Slavery as a Mindset (8/5/2020) - Polarity, separateness and division is not our innate default. We must drop that mantra and return to believing we can heal that which only appears to separate us. Continue Reading
- Camp Granite Lake Hosts Shabbat with Rabbi Jamie and Concert with Jeff and Paige This Weekend (8/6/2020) - This weekend, August 7 and Aug 8, Camp Granite Lake with be hosting first the Adventure Rabbi, Rabbi Jamie Korngold for a Shabbat service on Friday at 6:30 pm with and then on Saturday at 10:30 am, a concert with Jeff and Paige for families with kids. Continue Reading
- Coming Home to Our Selves: New Moon of Elul Retreat with Rabbi Tirzah Firestone (8/3/2020) - Rabbi Tirzah Firestone, PhD will lead an online Elul retreat with guided meditations, music, and teachings to help us recount our losses and harvest the gifts of the past year. Continue Reading
- Elijah Avery Bar Mitzvah (8/3/2020) - On Saturday, August 8th, 2020, Elijah Avery will be called to the Torah as a Bar Mitzvah at Congregation Har HaShem. Continue Reading
- Charlotte Elliston Bat Mitzvah (8/3/2020) - On Saturday, August 8th, 2020, Charlotte Elliston will be called to the Torah as a Bat Mitzvah with Adventure Judaism. Continue Reading
- Ayla Flaxman Bar Mitzvah (8/3/2020) - On Saturday, August 8th, 2020, Ayla Flaxman will be called to the Torah as a Bar Mitzvah at Congregation Bonai Shalom. Continue Reading
Arts and Culture
- Justice, Justice, Shall You Pursue (8/5/2020) - Rachel Amaru and Delia LaJeunesse are teaming up to launch the Children’s Book Initiative, an effort to get racially-conscious books in the hands of the children who need them most. Continue Reading
- Intergenerational Family Shabbat at Nevei Kodesh and Chanting for Hope (8/6/2020) - Nevei Kodesh, a warm and welcoming Jewish Renewal Community invites you to join us virtually for prayer, study and connection! Continue Reading
- Join Har HaShem Virtually – August 7 – 14 (8/6/2020) - Here is a quick list of all virtual events sponsored by Congregation Har HaShem in the next week. Continue Reading
- L’Chaim – A Monthly Taste of Jewish Music from – Anywhere! (8/6/2020) - Colorado Hebrew Chorale is now launching a new virtual monthly series: L’Chaim – A Taste of Jewish Music from – Anywhere! The first program will be held Monday, August 17, 2020, during the Hebrew month of Av. Continue Reading
- Grief: The Biography of a Holocaust Photograph – A Conversation with Professor David Shneer (8/5/2020) - Professor David Shneer will discuss his newly published book, "Grief: The Biography of a Holocaust Photograph" (Oxford, 2020), and show how a Soviet photojournalist used the image of a grieving woman to render this gruesome mass atrocity into a transcendentally human tragedy. Continue Reading
Adventure Judaism Weekly Virtual Events: