Shabbat shalom! As a people and as a community, we are showing our resilience and ingenuity. You can find many online shabbat resources, both local and far afield, for streaming services or guides to davening alone.
You can find all of our local community virtual services at the “Jewish Community Virtual Offerings” link below under “Events”. There is also a link to the list of online programs being offered by the Boulder JCC.
If you have something to entertain or engage people that you’d like to get out there, let us know!
Meanwhile, here are sources that will have the most up-to-date information about COVID-19 in Boulder and Colorado:
- Boulder JCC for the Jewish community
- City of Boulder
- Boulder County
- Colorado Department of Public Health & Environment
- Centers for Disease Control
Stay safe, stay warm, and have a great weekend.
- Why the Stakes are Higher Than Ever for the 2020 Census (4/7/2020) - A message from Colorado Senator Michael Bennet about the importance of the census this year. Plus, information about the census and our response rates. Continue Reading
- How Can You Buy “Local” During the COVID-19 Situation? (4/7/2020) - Colorado Proud Has 10 Ideas to Support Your Appetite – and Our Economy Continue Reading
- Home Alone – A Mystical Take On The Quarantine (4/5/2020) - This year’s Passover seders will be smaller than ever, but they may prepare us for the biggest event in history. Continue Reading
- Every Family Has a Passover Story… This is Ours (4/15/2020) - "There once was a wise old Peddler who lived in a settlement with his closest kin and surrounded by a community of other elders and their families..." Continue Reading
- A Message from Rabbi Pesach about Pesach (4/7/2020) - It looks like most of us will be spending our Passover Seder ourselves this year. For some of us, this may be the first Seder that we will be conducting. Continue Reading
- Rabbi Marc’s A Dash of Drash – A Different Passover Podcast – Dayenu! Episode 105 (4/7/2020) - I offer a few reflections on celebrating Pesach in this new reality, with the knowledge that Holy Week for Christians and Ramadam for Muslims are also in this season. Continue Reading
- Adventure Judaism Hosts Virtual Seder (4/5/2020) - Let all who are hungry for spiritual sustenance and community join us on Wednesday, April 8 at 5:00 pm online! Continue Reading
- Virtual Events with Adventure Judaism (4/5/2020) - Adventure Judaism is offering regular online events via Zoom. Find out more. Continue Reading
- Haver Hosting Virtual Yom HaShoah 2020 Remembrance 4/20 (4/16/2020) - We come together as a community -- this year virtually -- to remember the tragic events of the Holocaust and its impact on our personal, cultural and global lives. Continue Reading
- SIPP’S Earth Day Zoom Community Update (4/16/2020) - On Earth Day, Wednesday, April 22, 2020 from 10:00 to 11:30 am, Sustainable Israeli-Palestinian Projects (SIPP) will be hosting a Community Update via Zoom video conference. Continue Reading
- ZOOM Meditation: An Unexpected Blessing from the Pandemic (4/16/2020) - When my husband Monte and I started to facilitate a weekly Jewish meditation sit at the Boulder JCC in the Fall, we knew from experience that there is power in meditating in a group setting. We had previously lived in New York City, and trained as Jewish Mindfulness Meditation Teacher with the Institute for Jewish… Continue Reading
- This Week at Virtual Bonai Shalom – 4/15 – 4/20 (4/13/2020) - What's happening at Bonai Shalom for the next week! Please see our website for the whole list of events, zoom information, and all other updates! https://bonaishalom.org/ Passover Service - Wednesday April 15th – 9:30-11:00 am – Crossing the Sea – 7th Day Passover Livestream service with Rabbi Marc. The service will include shacharit, Hallel and some reflections… Continue Reading
Arts and Culture
- We Will Dance Upon New Horizons Soon to Be (4/16/2020) - A new poem from Lisa Tremback. Continue Reading
- Bubbie Cru’s Sweet and Sour Meatballs (4/15/2020) - A Passover poem from Lori Dube Continue Reading
- Yom HaShoah Conversation with “Big Sonia” Director Leah Warshawski (4/13/2020) - One of the most beloved films ever shown at the Boulder Jewish Film Festival, “Big Sonia” is an astoundingly engaging profile of inimitable Holocaust survivor Sonia Warshawski. Continue Reading
- Kathryn Bernheimer Recommends Jewish TV Shows to Watch at Home (4/5/2020) - The time has never been better to binge-watch shows you may have missed Continue Reading