Happy Thanksgiving and Shabbat shalom! BJN is taking the opportunity for a long weekend. For Thanksgiving this year, please plan on celebrating at home, with your housemates. Boulder County (along with all Metro Denver counties) moved to Level Red on Friday November 20th; this is the most restrictive level before we get to a full blown Stay at Home order. Please be sure to follow all the recommendations/ requirements of Boulder County Public Health to combat COVID-19, including wearing masks in public and avoiding gatherings outside your family group.
You can find all of our local community virtual services at the “Jewish Community Virtual Offerings” link below under “Events”. There is also a link to the list of online programs being offered by the Boulder JCC.
Meanwhile, here are sources that will have the most up-to-date information about COVID-19 in Boulder and Colorado:
- Boulder JCC for the Jewish community
- Congregation Har HaShem for the Jewish community
- City of Boulder
- Boulder County
- Colorado Department of Public Health & Environment
- Centers for Disease Control
Stay safe, stay healthy, and stay warm.
- Hacking for Peace: The First Jewish-Arab Hackathon in Jerusalem (11/24/2020) - Twenty young Jerusalemites gathered on the lawn at Margalit Startup City is not an uncommon sight. But one gathering last week, was quite different. Continue Reading
- Boulder JCC Focuses on a Sustainable Chanukah (11/22/2020) - The Boulder JCC is spotlighting ways to make your Chanukah and holiday season more sustainable. Continue Reading
- Chanukah and the Miracle of Enough (11/22/2020) - What if Chanukah were actually the antithesis of “the holidays” and an antidote to some of the most toxic societal messaging that we absorb on a daily basis? Continue Reading
- CU Program in Jewish Studies Offers Webinar on Klezmer Music as Jewish Dialogue and Jewish Discourse (11/24/2020) - This program will introduce klezmer music as a kind of Jewish dialogue, or Jewish discourse. Klezmer is Jewish instrumental music from Eastern Europe, and it comes from the same culture as the Yiddish literature of Sholem Aleichem, S. J. Abramovitsh, and others. Continue Reading
- Sustainable Israeli-Palestinian Projects (SIPP) Highlights Its Mini-Grant Projects on December 6th (11/24/2020) - Anyone interested in work that benefits both Israelis and Palestinians is invited to attend this exciting Zoom event and hear from SIPP’s seven new Mini-Grant recipients. These projects cover a wide range of civil society and environmental programs that support efforts to promote peace and well-being. Continue Reading
- Join Har HaShem Virtually – November 27 – December 4 (11/24/2020) - Here is a quick list of all virtual events sponsored by Congregation Har HaShem in the next week. Continue Reading
- Boulder JCC Announces December Blood Drive (11/22/2020) - Join us in saving lives through blood donation. Continue Reading