The Boulder JCC announced last week that the Jay and Rose Phillips Early Childhood Center Summer Camp and Cherryvale Day Camp will open this summer. Applications are now open and enrollment is on a rolling basis. The Early Childhood Center offers two sessions this summer for children 12 months (must be walking) through entering Pre-K beginning June 1. Cherryvale is perfect for children going into kindergarten or who will be age 5 by October 15, 2020 up to age 11. Cherryvale begins on June 8 with 5 sessions over the course of the summer.
Camps at the Boulder JCC are dependent and based on local and state guidelines in partnership with the Boulder County Health Department and State Licensing. Additionally, camp will follow guidelines provided this week by the Colorado State Department of Public Health & Environment. For the last several months, staff have been working with the American Camp Association, Foundation for Jewish Camp, and the JCC Association on best practices for creating a fun and safe summer for kids in our community.
Camp is going to look different this year, with several additional safety precautions in place. Parents can expect:
- Small groups and consistent staff
- Increased hand washing stations
- Temperature and health checks for campers at drop off
- Temperature and health checks for counselors and staff
- Physical distancing from other groups and during activities
- Separate outdoor and indoor spaces for each group
- JCC staff and counselors wearing masks
- Counselors will support campers who want to wear masks (above 3 years old)
- Separate equipment: sports, games, books, and art supplies for each classroom
- Increased cleaning before, during, and after the camp day
- New summer structure, including the number of weeks being offered, the number of hours that camp will operate, and a limited age range of kids we will be able to serve
Some examples of the physically distant programs kids can expect:
- Lots of time outside
- Games including croquet, badminton, frisbee, cornhole, and kickball
- Sprinkler time
- Arts and crafts
- Improv and theater activities
- Time at Milk and Honey Farm on the JCC campus
We have compiled detailed FAQs for our application process, structure, dates, health precautions, tuition, and more for our Early Childhood Summer Camp and Cherryvale Day Camp. Apply today for Early Childhood Camp and Cherryvale Day Camp!