Shabbat In-Person Summer 2020 – Friday Night Services & Picnics
Although Flagstaff Mountain — home to our usual Shabbat services — remains closed to groups larger than ten, we have found two new locations for our outdoor Shabbat services.
Join us as we gather together — although still physically spaced from each other — to celebrate Shabbat. This week, we meet in South Boulder, with a view of the inspirational Flatirons behind us.
This one-hour song-filled service is followed by a BYO picnic. Grab your mask, pack a picnic basket, and register to find out the address.
July 17, 2020 – 6:00 – 7:00 pm – South Boulder
August 7, 2020 – 6:30 – 7:30 pm – Coal Creek Canyon, 35-min from South Boulder
The summer of 2020 brings us interesting challenges and opportunities. How do we gather safely to enjoy the majesty of Shabbat as a community?
July 17: We have rented a huge field in South Boulder, with lovely views of the Flatirons. The large space will allow us to safely keep our physical distance from each other while connecting spiritually.
Aug 7: We are returning to a favorite venue up Coal Creek Canyon. There is a massive field, which will allow us to safely keep our physical distance from each other while connecting spiritually. The service will be projected on a huge screen and if it rains, we will hold the service drive-in movie style, with you in your warm, dry car and the service coming over the FM radio. The gate opens at 5:30 pm, so come early and walk around. Bring a picnic. The service will be from 6:30 to 7:30 pm. (There is construction in the canyon so give yourself an extra 20 minutes to get there.)
Here are our rules:
- You must register in advance so that we can limit numbers and track attendance. Registration>>
- You must wear a mask.
- Free for members, all others $10
- We will email you the address once you register.
- Bring your own chairs and perhaps a picnic blanket. (Sometimes the grass feels wet.)
- If you don’t want to handle ours, you may print your own prayerbook, here>>
- Set up your chairs at least 10 FEET on all sides from everyone else.
- Set up behind the stage demarcation. There will be 25 FEET between the Rabbi and the congregation.
- Please sit by household.
- Of course, stay home if you don’t feel well or are high-risk for COVID-19.
- Bathrooms: None at the July 17 service. Port-a-potties on Aug 7.
- All ages are welcome.
- BYO picnic
- No alcoholic beverages permitted. (Rental regulations.)
- No dogs permitted. (Rental regulations.)