Shabbat shalom! Monday is Veteran’s Day, and there are two events that day: a showing of a documentary about Ben Ferencz, and “Ellis Island Stories” at the Boulder JCC. Next Wednesday, November 13th, is JEWISHcolorado’s Men’s Event and Boulder JCC’s Great Big Challah Bake.
Also, on Thursday, November 14th, you can support Sustainable Israeli-Palestinian Projects (SIPP) by having dinner at Modern Market at 29th St. from 5:00 pm to 8:00 pm and mentioning SIPP. Thursday morning will also be the next Boulder Men’s Breakfast at 8:00 am at Le Peep’s on Arapahoe Ave.
Stay warm or cool, depending on when you read this (that’s Colorado weather for you), and have a great weekend. Enjoy!
- Rabbinic Council of Boulder Stands United with Pueblo (11/7/2019) - The Rabbinic Council of Boulder (Haver) condemns the recent anti-Semitic attacks against the Jewish communities in Boulder and in Pueblo, Colorado. Continue Reading
- ADL Commends Law Enforcement For Arrest in Attack Planned Against Colorado Synagogue (11/4/2019) - ADL commended law enforcement for taking swift action in arresting a 27-year-old man for allegedly plotting to bomb a Pueblo, CO, synagogue. Continue Reading
- A Transformative Experience: Engaging Our Youth Through Experiential Learning in Israel (11/7/2019) - "The experiential learning approach at AMHSI was so powerful that even today I can recall our lessons—the gallows of Akko prison, Ammunition Hill’s trenches, and Masada." Continue Reading
- 4 Questions for Rabbi Leban and Clean Speech Colorado (11/5/2019) - BJN asked Rabbi Raphael Leban 4 Questions about the Clean Speech Colorado program debuting in Boulder tonight. Continue Reading
- Come Learn Hebrew at Bonai Shalom, Wherever You Are in Your Learning (11/5/2019) - Bonai Shalom is offering a number of exciting adult Hebrew learning opportunities that meet people where they are at: from true beginners to folks with a command of Hebrew that are ready for the next step in their learning. Continue Reading
- Exciting Community Events Happening at Bonai Shalom (11/4/2019) - Wednesday, November 6, 7:30 pm to 9:30 pm From Alabama to Auschwitz with Rabbi Marc – Rabbi’s Marc’s sabbatical took him, among other places, to Montgomery, Alabama, Warsaw, Krakow, and Auschwitz in Poland, Berlin, Prague and Theresienstadt. These journeys have been very enlightening in all kinds of ways and were, in part, to honor the… Continue Reading
- Baruch Dayan HaEmet – Carole Wolfe Korngold z”l (11/4/2019) - Carole Wolfe Korngold, wife of Bob Korngold, mother of Rabbi Jamie Korngold, passed away on November 3rd. Funeral will be on November 6th. Continue Reading
- “Bagel, Lox and Torah” Saturdays at Har HaShem (11/3/2019) - Nothing goes better with Torah Study than bagels, lox, and cream cheese. So if it is a Saturday morning around 9 a.m at Congregation Har HaShem in Boulder, you can find both, and some 30 to 40 interested souls, who are there to chew on it all. Continue Reading
- Sarah Galdieri Bat Mitzvah (11/3/2019) - On Saturday, November 9th, 2019, Sarah Galdieri will be called to the Torah as a Bat Mitzvah at Congregation Bonai Shalom. Continue Reading
- Community Conversation on Anti-Semitism (11/5/2019) - Boulder’s Rabbinic Council (Haver), the Anti-Defamation League (ADL), and the Boulder JCC are convening a community conversation to discuss recent incidents of anti-Semitism in our area and to provide support to one another. Continue Reading
- Comic Book Rabbi Comes to Town – Events for Teens and Adults (11/4/2019) - On Sunday November 10th, the community is invited to meet the dynamic, witty, entertaining and fascinating comic book rabbi, Rabbi Simcha Weinstein. Rabbi Simcha will be give an adult presentation and a teen presentation at Chabad of NW Metro Denver. Continue Reading
- This Week for CU’s Jewish Buffs – 11/4 (11/3/2019) - Here are this week's activities for CU Boulder's Jewish student community. Continue Reading