Shabbat shalom! Now that spring has sprung, a lot is going on in the next week in Jewish Boulder. On Sunday, Boulder Chevra Kadisha is hosting a program about their work. Tuesday night, Reb Tirza will be speaking about her latest book at the Boulder Book Store. Wednesday morning is Shalom Boulder, a newcomer program at the Boulder JCC.
And, if you are looking for a volunteer experience, Hazon is looking for help to put on the Colorado Jewish Food Fest on April 7th and the Boulder Jewish Festival is recruiting for their event in June.
Meanwhile, enjoy our spring, and here are this week’s posts:
- JCC Denver’s Ranch Camp Receives $2 Million Gift for Renovations (3/27/2019) - Notable updates include new ropes course and zip line, new center of camp with updated gathering area DENVER, Colo., March 26, 2019– A transformational gift of $2 million has been designated by Don Sturm and the Sturm Family to JCC Ranch Camp, a overnight camp in Elbert, Colo. This extremely generous gift will support renovations to meaningfully… Continue Reading
- 120 Jewish Agency Shlichim Attend 2019 AIPAC Policy Conference (3/25/2019) - A delegation of 120 Shlichim (Israeli emissaries), including Denver's own Osnat Fox, are attending the 2019 American Israel Public Affairs Committee (AIPAC) Policy Conference. Continue Reading
- Musical Shabbat is Back at Bonai Shalom This Friday (3/27/2019) - Our music is ascending to a new level at Bonai Shalom - and I am not talking volume! Please join us THIS FRIDAY, March 29 in prayer and song to bring in Shabbat. Continue Reading
- Spiritual Support Group for Mental Health Meeting Dates for April (3/25/2019) - Har HaShem’s Spiritual Support Group, called Refuat Hanefesh, is open to people living with mental health issues, their family members and friends. The next meeting is April 2nd. Continue Reading
- Shalom Boulder – Get Connected to the Jewish Community! (3/28/2019) - Whether you moved to Boulder a few weeks ago or a few years ago, the Boulder JCC Welcoming Committee invites you to their Shalom Boulder event on Wednesday, April 3rd. Continue Reading
- Volunteer at the Colorado Jewish Food Fest (3/28/2019) - The Colorado Jewish Food Fest is looking for a few more volunteers for the event on April 7. Free admission! Continue Reading
- Har HaShem to Host Symposium for Spirituality and the Environment (3/28/2019) - Congregation Har HaShem will be hosting the third annual Symposium for Spirituality and the Environment on Sunday, April 7th. Continue Reading
- What’s Up, Boulder? (3/27/2019) - Learn about the city’s top projects and services, see clear timelines and hear how you can impact decisions about our future, all at the Boulder JCC! Continue Reading
- Adventure Judaism Congregation Hosting 10th Moab Seder (3/25/2019) - On the weekend of April 19-21, 2019 the Adventure Judaism Congregation will be hosting their tenth Passover retreat in Moab, Utah. Continue Reading
Arts and Culture
- Foxes to Present “We Are Going To Be Lucky” – A WW II Love Story in Letters (3/28/2019) - Liz and Sid Fox share excerpts from Liz's book "We Are Going to Be Lucky" at Har HaShem on April 10. It tells the story of Liz’s parents, first-generation idealistic Jewish American couple separated by war, captured in their own words. Continue Reading
- In This Stretch of Your River (3/27/2019) - A new poem from Lisa Tremback. Continue Reading