Shabbat shalom! Sunday March 17th is the community Purim Carnival at the Boulder JCC, so don’t miss out. Also this weekend, there is a community Scholar-in-Residence, Professor Daniel Matt.
The Boulder Jewish Film Festival is officially underway, from now until Sunday, March 17. Be sure to see if there is something that interests you. The BJFF screening of “93Queen” at which Morah Yehudis Fishman will be honored was postponed from the night of the “bomb cyclone” to next Tuesday, March 19th.
Meanwhile, stay warm, and here are this week’s posts:
- Prayer Vigil for Victims of New Zealand Mosque Attacks This Sunday (3/15/2019) - 8 Adar II 5779 - To honor the victims of the New Zealand mosque attacks, to pray for them and to call for peace, we will have a multi-faith vigil on Sunday March 17th. Continue Reading
- Survey: Israelis Believe Country ‘Morally Obligated’ to Diaspora Jews (3/14/2019) - 7 Adar II 5779 - The vast majority of Israelis believe Israel is morally obligated to Diaspora Jews, but disagree about what that means in practice, according to a survey commissioned by the Ruderman Family Foundation ahead of the country's upcoming elections. Continue Reading
- Professor Nan Goodman Receives CU Boulder 2019 Excellence Award (3/12/2019) - 5 Adar II 5779 - The Program in Jewish Studies is excited to announce that Nan Goodman, Director of the Program in Jewish Studies and Professor of English and Jewish Studies, has been awarded a Boulder Faculty Assembly Excellence Award in Research, Scholarly, and Creative Work. Continue Reading
- Holocaust Education Fund Established at Boulder JCC (3/12/2019) - 5 Adar II 5779 - The Boulder JCC is honored to announce the establishment of the Ilona Irene Rosenschein Holocaust Education Fund (IIRHEF), an endowed fund housed at Rose Community Foundation on behalf of the Boulder JCC. Continue Reading
- White Supremacist Propaganda and Events Soar In 2018 (3/10/2019) - 3 Adar II 5779 - White supremacists dramatically stepped up their propaganda efforts targeting neighborhoods and campuses in 2018, far exceeding any previous annual distribution count for the United States. Continue Reading
- The Kamah Sukkah (3/14/2019) - 7 Adar II 5779 - A spiel about our fall festival presented in time for our spring festival that may (or may not) be a purimspiel. Continue Reading
- Community Invited to Holocaust Remembrance May 1 (3/12/2019) - 5 Adar II 5779 - Haver, Boulder’s Rabbinic Council, is leading a community-wide observance to remember the Holocaust on Wednesday, May 1, 2019, at Congregation Nevei Kodesh. Continue Reading
- Purim Events for All Ages at the Boulder JCC (3/10/2019) - 3 Adar II 5779 - And volunteers are still needed, so check out all the information about this fabulous community-wide event! Continue Reading
- Evan Pollachek Bat Mitzvah (3/10/2019) - 3 Adar II 5779 - On Saturday, March 9th, 2019, Evan Pollachek was called to the Torah as a Bat Mitzvah at Congregation Bonai Shalom. Continue Reading
- Baruch Dayan HaEmet – Barbara Price z”l (3/10/2019) - 3 Adar II 5779 - Barbara Price (Bracha bat Matan v'Sima), mother of Liz Marlowe, passed away on Shabbat March 9, 2019. Continue Reading
- “Wounds into Wisdom:” Reb Tirzah Talk at Boulder Book Store (3/14/2019) - 7 Adar II 5779 - On Tuesday, April 2nd at Boulder Book Store, Tirzah Firestone will discuss "Wounds into Wisdom: Healing Intergenerational Jewish Trauma," a book that addresses the impact of both collective and personal trauma in a dramatic portrayal of the lasting effects of extreme stress on the descendants of those who first suffered it. Continue Reading
Arts and Culture
- Review: “Here I Seek You, A Collection of Poems for Shabbat, Holy Days, and Everydays” (3/14/2019) - 7 Adar II 5779 - The author raises challenging questions that help the reader explore his beliefs, doubts and questions regarding his relationship with God and his values. Continue Reading