Shabbat shalom! Chanukah is here, starting this Sunday night, December 22. There’s a concert Sunday night at the BJCC to welcome the holiday, then the lighting of the menorah in Boulder Monday night and in Louisville at Chanukah on Ice Sunday night December 29th. Check out all our Chanukah posts, and more to come.
And last night, Flatirons Tribe put on a great tenth Ignite Chanukah at Rembrandt Yards — story and pictures to come after Shabbat.
Stay warm, and have a great weekend. Enjoy!
- Boulder Families Spread Light this Christmas with JEWISHcolorado and 600 More Volunteers (12/19/2019) - This year, a Boulder family is opening their home to welcome local families to participate in this meaningful day of service. The local site will conduct indirect service projects, including making fleece scarves and cold weather gear packs for people in need. Continue Reading
- Shmaltz Brewing Releases Official Chanukah Beer for 5780/2019 (12/18/2019) - For the second year in a row, the Upstate New York brewery releases for the holiday season a brand new recipe for their official Chanukah beer that's nationally available now in 12 oz. can 4-packs. Chanukah, Hanukkah: Pass The Beer® is a Dark Ale brewed with Chocolate (8% ABV, 8 Malts, 8 Hops) that celebrates… Continue Reading
- Donate Now To Ensure Free, Fair Elections In 2020 (12/18/2019) - The right to vote is one of the most precious rights in our democracy – and it is under attack. In the last decade, many U.S. states have made it harder for people to vote, adopting tactics such as stricter identification requirements, polling place closures, limits on voter registration and early voting, and purges of… Continue Reading
- Bruce and Rhonda Wildman to Be 2019 Lamplighters for Pearl Street Menorah Lighting (12/19/2019) - An important part of every year’s Chanukah celebration is the honor of lighting the menorah. This year’s Lamplighters are Rhonda and Bruce Wildman, long-time residents who have worked tirelessly on behalf of the Boulder Jewish community. Continue Reading
- Sue and Seymour: Recapturing Their Jewish Roots (12/19/2019) - Sue decided it would be meaningful to visit an older Jewish adult and reached out to Jewish Family Service earlier this year. She was matched with Seymour Gold, a 97-year-old WWII veteran living at Hover Senior Living Community in Longmont, and began visiting him in June. Continue Reading
- This is the Week to Get Your Chanukah Things (12/16/2019) - Come by anytime between 9:00 am and 5:00 pm Tuesday thru Thursday to purchase all the things you need to be ready for a warm and light-filled Hanukkah. Continue Reading
- Chanukah Friday Night Dinner Night Number 6 (12/16/2019) - Friday evening, December 27th is Boulder County Center for Judaism’s annual “Friday Night Chanukah Dinner,” a community Shabbat dinner open to the entire Jewish community. Continue Reading
- New Shabbat Services in 2020 at Manor Care (12/16/2019) - Beginning January 10, 2020, Rabbi Jamie Korngold will be leading a brief song-filled monthly Kabbalat Shabbat (welcoming Shabbat) at Manor Care Senior Living. All are welcome! Continue Reading
Arts and Culture
- Boulder Jewish Film Festival Unspools 8th Season (12/19/2019) - Humor, humanity, and heroes abound in the 18 film programs scheduled for the 2020 Boulder Jewish Film Festival Continue Reading
- Let Us Sense You, God, in Our Senseless World (12/19/2019) - A new poem from Lisa Tremback. Continue Reading
- Boulder JCC and Motus Theater Present Shoebox Monologues (12/18/2019) - Shoebox Stories is a story-holding project where you stand in another person’s shoes by reading aloud their story, saying their words, and holding, for a moment, the weight that they carry. Continue Reading