“I’m going to be in charge of the school, which is an exciting new challenge for me. I love working with kids and creating programs that encourage friendships and build Jewish identity.”
Adventure Rabbi Kids (ARK) is an alternative religious school, which meets once a month in South Boulder. The program is part of the Adventure Judaism Congregation, but students do not need to be members of the congregation to enroll.
What are the new changes that have Rabbi Jamie so fired up?
Schedule – 12 classes:
- All grades will meet at the same time 2:00 – 3:30 pm, on the first Sunday of the month (exceptions for holidays and Girls Time)
- Classes meet once a month, August-April
- In addition, we offer three holiday celebrations on Tuesday nights for Simchat Torah, Chanukah and Purim
- Rabbi Korngold – Teaching Grades 5-6 and Girls Time Grades 5-6
- Ari Sharstein – Professional Song Leader and Teaching Grades 3-4
- Emily Norman – Teaching Grades 1-2
- Amber Carey-Gitter – Preschool-k Music and Me Class
- We’re adding more adventure.
- We’ll be starting the year with the low-ropes challenge course at Camp Granite Lake.
- And adding some (very doable) hikes during the year.
- Girls’ Time: Rabbi Jamie will be leading the 5-6 grade girls program. This is an outing- based class that meets on it’s on schedule. Events include a visit with a Babka maven to learn to make babka, a tour of the mikvah, a night hike to celebrate Havdallah, and mitzvah project at Community Food Share and more. The class is limited to 8 girls and strong emphasis is placed on friendship and culture.
- Music and Me: Amber Carey-Gitter is our new full-time Educator and she can’t wait to jam with the youngest among us! This class will be filled to capacity with music, movement, stories and fun. It meets at the same time as regular ARK classes. Parents are welcome and encouraged to join the fun.