Shabbat shalom! Be sure to take note of the immigration family separation protest next Wednesday in Aurora. There will be carpools from the Boulder JCC.
Enjoy this week’s posts:
- Community Foundations Are Key Partners In Achieving U.N. Goals (6/21/2018) - 8 Tamuz 5778 - Community foundations will play an important role in achieving the 17 Sustainable Development Goals set by the UN.
- Moral Emergency, Moral Minyan. June 27th. (6/20/2018) - 7 Tamuz 5778 - The separation of families that we are witnessing at our borders is a moral emergency that transcends politics. On Wednesday June 27, we will gather to make our voices heard.
- Har HaShem Seeks Family Educator (6/20/2018) - 7 Tamuz 5778 - Har HaShem seeks a dynamic, caring and creative individual to be our family educator.
- Eighteen Answers – Parshat Chukat (6/21/2018) - 8 Tamuz 5778 - This week we run into one of the classic questions of the Torah: “What did Moses do that was so wrong?”
- Adventure Rabbi Kids – Fall Enrollment Now Open (6/20/2018) - 7 Tamuz 5778 - As Adventure Rabbi Kids plunges into its 8th year, we delve into a world of learning that involves hands-on exploration, critical thinking, and a focus on bringing each other together as a loving and caring community.
- Rabbi Marc’s A Dash of Drash – Episode 70: Leadership and Transition (6/20/2018) - 7 Tamuz 5778 - Leadership and Transition with special guests Rabbis Gavriel Goldfeder and Salomon Gruenwald is Episode 70 of A Dash of Drash. In Parshat Hukkat (Numbers 19:1-22:1), Miriam and Aaron die, and Moses is told that he will not lead the people into the Promised Land.
- Calvin Boykoff Bar Mitzvah (6/20/2018) - 7 Tamuz 5778 - On Saturday, June 23rd, 2018, Calvin Boykoff will be called to the Torah as a Bar Mitzvah at Congregation Bonai Shalom.
- Felix Feiger Bar Mitzvah (6/20/2018) - 7 Tamuz 5778 - On Saturday, June 23rd, 2018, Felix Feiger will be called to the Torah as a Bar Mitzvah with Adventure Judaism.
- Elle Fogarty Bat Mitzvah (6/20/2018) - 7 Tamuz 5778 - On Saturday, June 23rd 2018, Elle Fogarty will be called to the Torah as a Bat Mitzvah with the Adventure Rabbi.
Arts and Culture
- Harry Houdini Comes to Baltimore Jewish Museum (6/21/2018) - 8 Tamuz 5778 - On June 24, the Jewish Museum of Maryland (JMM), in Baltimore, will open Inescapable: The Life and Legacy of Harry Houdini, an original exhibit exploring the life and legacy of the world’s most famous magician.
- A Man’s Love for His Yiddishe Mame Sparks Inspiration for Hilarious New Cartoon (6/21/2018) - 8 Tamuz 5778 - For the past 20 years, advertising executive Alan Strozenberg, has documented every witty, quirky, and wise remark his Yiddishe Mame, Ruth Goldschmidt, said to him.