Shabbat shalom! Events to watch this weekend are the Boulder JCC’s annual Reflections Gala Saturday night, and the Chevra Kashisha’s annual meeting on Sunday February 25th.
Have a great weekend and enjoy this week’s posts:
- Israeli Botanical Company Releases Skin Remedies in US (2/22/2018) - 7 Adar II 5778 - Israeli-based Kamedis has released a line of over-the-counter products that use ancient Chinese medicine to heal problem skin – inspired by the CEO, Roni Kramer, who holds a degree in traditional Chinese medicine and Chinese herbology.
- Boulder JCC’s Milk and Honey Farm Receives Coveted National PJ Library Grant (2/19/2018) - 4 Adar II 5778 - PJ Library is pleased to announce that the Boulder JCC’s Milk and Honey Farm has been awarded a PJ Library Spark Grant from the Harold Grinspoon Foundation.
- Purim Nugget: A Call for Unity (2/22/2018) - 7 Adar II 5778 - This upcoming Thursday is the festive holiday of Purim, which we celebrate the miraculous survival of the Jewish people in the year 357 BCE after there was a decree by the Persian King Achashveirosh to kill all the Jews in his vast empire of 127 countries.
- Rabbi Marc’s A Dash of Drash – Memory, Absence and Presence (2/22/2018) - 7 Adar II 5778 - Memory, Absence and Presence is Episode 59 of A Dash of Drash. The Shabbat before Purim is called Shabbat Zachor, where we are reminded of the obligation to remember what our arch enemy, Amalek, did to us on our way out of Egypt.
- Laws of the Heart – Parshat Tetzaveh (2/22/2018) - 7 Adar II 5778 - For reasons unclear, many of the classic books of Jewish law take their titles from - of all things – the various pieces of the High Priest’s clothing.
- Pining for Warmer Weather? Reserve Now for Purim in Mexico (2/21/2018) - 6 Adar II 5778 - If the cold weather in Boulder is getting you down, the festival of Purim is coming around again and that means the Boulder County Center for Judaism is “traveling” once more.
- Jerry Pinsker to Speak About ADL for First Friday at Bonai Shalom (2/21/2018) - 6 Adar II 5778 - During the presentation on March 2nd, Jerry will examine the methods used by ADL, one of the largest civil rights organizations in this country, to fight for and protect civil rights.
- A Eulogy for Beverly Goodman z”l (2/21/2018) - 6 Adar II 5778 - Rabbi Soloway shares his eulogy for Bev Goodman z"l.
- Baruch Dayan Ha’emet: Beverly Goodman, z”l (2/19/2018) - 4 Adar II 5778 - Elaine Einhorn Sturtz, mother of Robert Sturtz, passed away on Shabbat morning, February 3, 2018 in Florida.
- Boulder Community Purim Carnival at the Boulder JCC (2/18/2018) - 3 Adar II 5778 - Looking for some Purim family fun? Join us on Sunday, March 4th at the Boulder JCC for the annual Boulder Community Purim Carnival! This family-friendly celebration brings together the entire Boulder Jewish community. With carnival games, bouncy castles, falafel, hamantaschen, and loads of prizes, this is sure to be a joyous and entertaining day for all! Continue Reading
- Eve Jacqueline Shoenfeld Bat Mitzvah (2/18/2018) - 3 Adar II 5778 - On Saturday, February 24th, 2018, Eve Jacqueline Shoenfeld will be called to the Torah as a Bat Mitzvah at Congregation Har HaShem.
- Community Invited to Chevra Kadisha’s Annual Meeting (2/22/2018) - 7 Adar II 5778 - This event on Sunday, February 25th will be an opportunity for the community to both hear about how meaningful this tradition is and to share their own experiences.
- Beyond Borders: Environmental Cooperation in Israel and Palestine (2/19/2018) - 4 Adar II 5778 - On February 26, 2018, Israeli Noa Gluskinos and Palestinian Ashraf Akram will talk about the cross-cultural community and environmental studies at the Arava Institute for Environmental Studies in Boulder.
Arts & Culture
- CenterPEACE: “West Bank Story” and Composer Yuval Ron (2/22/2018) - 7 Adar II 5778 - The Boulder Jewish Film Festival presents a special program with Israeli musician and peace activist Yuval Ron.
- Paul Simon Comes to Fiddler’s Green – and the Boulder JCC (2/18/2018) - 3 Adar II 5778 - ACE planned Kodachrome: A Paul Simon Tribute Concert was planned long before the singer announced his retirement tour, which hits Denver two weeks after the music@theJ concert.