Shabbat shalom, and Pesach sameach! Passover is upon us. If you missed our Passover posts, here’s a link to all of our Passover content. Three events of note coming up next week: on Tuesday night, SIPP (Sustainable Israeli-Palestinian Projects) is holding a project update public meeting at the BJCC. Wednesday April 11 is Boulder’s community-wide Yom HaShoah Holocaust Remembrance at Bonai Shalom, put on by Haver. And Thursday April 12, JEWISHcolorado hosts a Women’s Philanthropy Lunch and Learn at the BJCC with speaker Julia Goldberg.
Also, the latest once-a-decade study of Jewish life and people in the Denver Metro area has commenced. Read all about it here, and be sure to take the online survey and answer the survey call if they pick you!
Here’s our Passover video playlist:
Stay warm and enjoy this week’s posts:
- The One That Got Away – Seventh Day of Passover (4/5/2018) - Seven days after we left Egypt, we reached the Red Sea. That was the day our enemies died. And, to be honest, we were happy about it. Continue Reading
- Kabbalat Shabbat: Crossing the Sea (4/3/2018) - On the culminating 8th day of Passover, which coincides with Shabbat, join us for an uplifting and intergenerational evening of joyous Shabbat music, ritual, and deep sharing as we “Cross the Sea” together. Continue Reading
- Baruch Dayan Ha’emet: Barbara “Bobbie” Seserman, z”l (4/3/2018) - Barbara “Bobbie” Seserman, beloved wife of the late Robert S. “Bob” Seserman, passed away on Monday, April 2nd, 2018. Continue Reading
- SIPP Community Update: Creating A Sustainable Environment for Israelis and Palestinians (4/5/2018) - On Tuesday, April 10, 2018 at the BJCC, Sustainable Israeli-Palestinian Projects (SIPP) Board Members Professor Bernard Amadei, President Peter Ornstein, and Vice President Tara Winer will discuss their January 2018 trip to Israel and the West Bank. Continue Reading
- Author, Dog Lover, Rabbi Jonathan Wittenberg Comes to Bonai Shalom (4/5/2018) - On April 26, Rabbi Marc Soloway's personal Rabbi, Jonathan Wittenberg will come to Bonai Shalom to speak about two books he has written, "Things My Dog Has Taught Me About Being A Better Human" and "My Dear Ones, One Family, and the Final Solution". Continue Reading
- Observe Holocaust Remembrance Day April 11 (4/3/2018) - Join the Jewish community Wednesday, April 11, 2018, at Congregation Bonai Shalom for Haver's community-wide observance for Yom HaShoah v’HaGevurah: A Day of Remembrance of the Holocaust and the Heroism. Continue Reading
Arts & Culture
- Film Festival Presents the Best of World Cinema Year-Round at the Boe (4/3/2018) - Kathryn Bernheimer leads the talkback for Oscar-nominee "The Insult" on Wednesday, and Hedy Lamarr returns to the Boe next week Continue Reading