Shabbat shalom. It was quite a week, and we’re glad Shabbat is here. Please consider attending a Solidarity Shabbat at congregation near you this weekend.
Meanwhile, stay cool, or warm, (it’s that time of year) and here are this week’s posts:
- Reflections on Pittsburgh (10/31/2018) - 22 Heshwan 5779 - JEWISHcolorado is helping to organize this Shabbat as National Solidarity Shabbat, a time to convene in your local synagogue to mourn the victims in Pittsburgh as well as to demonstrate that our Jewish communities will not be intimidated.
- Jewish Leaders Assess the American Jewish Situation After the Attack in Pittsburgh (10/31/2018) - 22 Heshwan 5779 - Representatives of the member organizations of the Conference of Presidents of Major American Jewish Organizations and other local and national Jewish leaders gathered together to discuss the aftermath of the attack on the synagogue in Pittsburgh, the state of anti-Semitism in the United States, and steps to enhance the protection of American Jewish communities and Continue Reading
- Wiesenthal Center Study: Large Disconnect Between Jewish and Non-Jewish Perceptions of Anti-Semitism in America (10/31/2018) - 22 Heshwan 5779 - The Simon Wiesenthal Center (“SWC”) today released results from a September survey of nearly 2,000 registered voters regarding their perceptions of the current political climate and its impact on American society.
- Bright City – A Poem for Our Time (10/30/2018) - 21 Heshwan 5779 - A timely piece of poetry about our world today.
- CU Boulder Community Vigil for Pittsburgh Victims and Survivors (10/29/2018) - 20 Heshwan 5779 - CU Boulder Hillel and Chabad at University of Colorado will stand together in solidarity with the victims and survivors of the Tree of Life Congregation on the CU campus on Tuesday, October 30th.
- From London to Pittsburgh to Us All (10/29/2018) - 20 Heshwan 5779 - Tonight there was a very powerful and moving vigil at JW3, London's JCC, for the victims of Pittsburgh.
- Joint Statement on Tragic Shooting in Pittsburgh (10/29/2018) - 20 Heshwan 5779 - JEWISHcolorado and the JCRC released a joint statement on the Pittsburgh shooting.
- In Solidarity (10/29/2018) - 20 Heshwan 5779 - Pittsburgh is obviously weighing heavily on our hearts today.
- Sunday Service Projects: Volunteers Needed Nov. 11th (11/1/2018) - 23 Heshwan 5779 - CAN YOU LEND A HAND? Can you: rake leaves, flip a mattress, dust shelves, replace a smoke detector? The Denver chapter of B'nai Brith is looking for VOLUNTEERS for SUNDAY SERVICE PROJECTS!!
- Elise Needle Bat Mitzvah (11/1/2018) - 23 Heshwan 5779 - On Saturday, November 3rd, 2018, Elise Needle will be called to the Torah as a Bat Mitzvah at Congregation Har HaShem.
- Summer Patterson Bat Mitzvah (11/1/2018) - 23 Heshwan 5779 - On Saturday, November 3rd, 2018, Summer Patterson will be called to the Torah as a Bat Mitzvah with Adventure Judaism.
- Gathering #TogetherattheTable in Response to Pittsburgh (10/31/2018) - 22 Heshwan 5779 - We invite you to continue to join us by gathering people in your communities and networks for a Together at the Table dinner to engage in constructive dialogue.
- Adventure Judaism Hosting Meeting for B’nai Mitzvah Programs (10/30/2018) - 21 Heshwan 5779 - Do you know a student currently in 6-8th grade who would like a unique Bar or Bat Mitzvah experience?
- Baruch Dayan HaEmet: David Bornstein z”l (10/30/2018) - 21 Heshwan 5779 - David Bornstein passed away Monday night, October 29, 2018 from Alzheimer's.
Arts and Culture
- Daniel Kahn & the Painted Bird to Play CU in Free Concert (11/1/2018) - 23 Heshwan 5779 - The University of Colorado Boulder’s Program in Jewish Studies and cosponsors welcome Daniel Kahn & the Painted Bird for a free concert on the CU Boulder campus Thursday, November 8, 2018.
- World Premiere of New Holocaust Play in Boulder (10/30/2018) - 21 Heshwan 5779 - A new perspective on the human spirit, survival, and women during the Holocaust, the world premiere of “Cabaret Kalisz” comes to Boulder next month.