Shabbat Shalom! As this is the last Weekly Edition of 5777, we would like to with you all a sweet New Year. We also ask your forgiveness for errors and omissions over the last year. As President Washington said, “I am nevertheless too sensible of my defects not to think it probable that I may have committed many errors.”
With the upcoming holiday week which glides right into Shabbat, this will be the publication schedule for the next week:
- Sunday through Tuesday: regular schedule (emails Monday – Wednesday)
- Wednesday through Shabbat: no publishing due to the holiday (look for the Weekly Edition on Sunday morning 9/24 instead)
If you haven’t already, please think about helping #Harvey and #Irma victims via donating to the Red Cross or through JEWISHcolorado’s Hurricane Relief Fund (which has been expanded to cover both disasters).
L’Shana Tovah! May you all have a sweet new year!
- Higher Ed Philanthropy, More Like Soccer or Basketball? (9/14/2017) - 23 Elul 5777 - Bruce DeBoskey shares thoughts on weak links and strong links in philanthropy.
- Once We Were Brothers, Once We Were Sisters (9/14/2017) - 23 Elul 5777 - Sid Fox shares thoughts about the upcoming holy days.
- May You Live to 120 – Parshat Nitzavim-Vayeilech (9/14/2017) - 23 Elul 5777 - Do you know the source of this classic Jewish blessing?
- This Rosh HaShanah Dine Like a King (9/14/2017) - 23 Elul 5777 - Make your reservation now for Rosh HaShanah dinner at Boulder Center 4 Judaism.
- Inauguration Festivities, Jewish-Style (9/14/2017) - 23 Elul 5777 - Why do we blow the Shofar on Rosh HaShanah?
- A Sweet Rosh HaShanah at Boulder Center 4 Judaism (9/14/2017) - 23 Elul 5777 - See how sweet Rosh HaShanah can be at the Boulder Center 4 Judaism.
- Lulav and Esrog Israeli-Style Shuk Experience (9/13/2017) - 22 Elul 5777 - Order your lulav and etrog set for Sukkot by September 24 this year!
- Child Holocaust Survivor to Speak on Surviving the Angel of Death (9/14/2017) - 23 Elul 5777 - On September 25, the Arvada Center for the Arts and Humanities and Chabad of NW Metro Denver will host survivor Rabbi Mangel for a special event.
Arts and Culture
- Milk and Honey Farm Donates Half-Ton of Organic Vegetables (9/13/2017) - 22 Elul 5777 - Milk and Honey Farm at the Boulder JCC just surpassed donating 1,000 pounds of organic produce to Community Food Share and Harvest of Hope Food Pantry.
- A New Experience in Jewish Education (9/11/2017) - 20 Elul 5777 - Meet the new Director of Family Life at Nevei Kodesh.
- Kinesthetic Intelligence and Kabbalah – An Interview with Samuel Avital (9/11/2017) - 20 Elul 5777 - Local Boulder Kabbalist Samuel Avital discusses Kinesthetic Intelligence in this video interview.