Shabbat shalom! Boulder Men, the JEWISHcolorado Men’s Event is coming up on November 9th! Register and more info here.
If you haven’t already, please think about helping #Harvey and #Irma victims via donating to the Red Cross or through JEWISHcolorado’s Hurricane Relief Fund (which has been expanded to cover both disasters).
- Miss Israel 2013 to Speak at CU Boulder (10/23/2017) - Jewish National Fund and Media Watch International are bringing former Miss Israel Titi Aynaw to the U.S. for a speaking tour at college campuses across the U.S., including CU Boulder on October 31. Continue Reading
- Shabbat Nugget: Abraham’s Journey (10/26/2017) - Many people wonder if indeed the Jewish people are the chosen people, why is it that the Jewish people have gone through so much suffering. Continue Reading
- DESTINED TO DOUBT – Parshat Lech Lecha (10/26/2017) - This week, in Parshat Lech-Lecha, we begin the story of Avram -- Abraham. What can his story tell us about all of ours? Continue Reading
- Giving PTSD the Jewish Treatment, Not Just Matzo Ball Soup (10/23/2017) - For those of us that come from families of Holocaust survivors, we know that Jews have a long history of treating PTSD even before the term came into use. Continue Reading
Arts and Culture
- Tiki Beat Taboo is a Dance Party of Groovy Music, Multimedia Projections, History and Fantasy (10/26/2017) - The 60's Tiki craze gets a modern musical makeover in Tiki Beat Taboo, a multimedia concert inspired by the formidable 19th century queen of the Hawaiian Islands who freed her people of the many taboos that separated them. Continue Reading
- From Baroque to Klezmer: Sémplice Concert Sunday (10/25/2017) - Sémplice, an “Early Music” quartet based in Denver, will appear in concert this Sunday in Boulder at Congregation Nevei Kodesh. Continue Reading
- The Tiki Queen Commands You to Dance! (10/25/2017) - Join ACE's music@theJ concert on November 5 for Gregory's Walker's reimagining of a Polynesian party! Continue Reading
- Hadassah’s December Program Is “Our Heritage and Our Health” (10/25/2017) - Learn why Ashkenazi Jews are more likely to inherit certain genetic conditions, as Gary Frohlich of Sanofi Genzyme discusses “The Founder Effect,” the genetic conditions affecting the Ashkenazim, and the signs and symptoms of Gaucher Disease. Continue Reading
- Holocaust Survivors’ Stories Made Available Online in Sweden (10/23/2017) - A new online portal from Lund University in Sweden makes a unique archive containing first-hand accounts from Nazi concentration camp survivors freely accessible to the general public. Continue Reading