Now that the holidays are over, we’re going back to our normal schedule. Boulder Men, the JEWISHcolorado Men’s Event is coming up on November 9th! Register and more info here.
If you haven’t already, please think about helping #Harvey and #Irma victims via donating to the Red Cross or through JEWISHcolorado’s Hurricane Relief Fund (which has been expanded to cover both disasters).
- Julie Alcorn Joins Jewish Family Service as Chief Development Officer (10/19/2017) - Jewish Family Service of Colorado (JFS) is pleased to welcome Julie Alcorn as Chief Development Officer. Continue Reading
- Jcc Denver Offers Expanded Inclusion Services for Children Ages Six-Weeks-Old to 17-Years-Old (10/18/2017) - The Staenberg-Loup Jewish Community Center (JCC Denver) is now offering expanded inclusion services within the Early Learning School (ELS) and Camp Shai, the center’s Jewish Day camp. Continue Reading
- Boulder JFS Raises Over $90,000 at Reel Hope ’17 (10/17/2017) - Boulder JFS held its fifth annual fundraiser, "Reel Hope Boulder," on Saturday night, and it was the most successful outing of the series. Photos. Continue Reading
- Boulder Gun Violence Prevention Activist Ken Toltz Announces Campaign for Congress (10/17/2017) - Boulder resident Ken Toltz announced his bid to replace Jared Polis as Congressman from CD2 in next year's mid-term elections. Continue Reading
- Thinking of Giving to an International Charity? New IRS Regs Clarify Requirements (10/17/2017) - Bruce DeBoskey shares thoughts on giving to international charitable organizations. Continue Reading
- Bonai Shalom Launches Nefesh, a NEW Shabbat Morning Experience (10/18/2017) - Join us a for a shorter, singier, spirited Shabbat morning experience, with a little drumming and a lot of soul! Continue Reading
- Million+ Jews Around the World to Celebrate Shabbat as Part of 5th Annual Shabbat Project (10/19/2017) - On October 27 & 28, from LA to London, Melbourne to Moscow, Tel Aviv to Tokyo, Jewish communities around the world will take a collective deep breath and enjoy 25 hours of Shabbat — together. New countries participating this year include Mozambique, Cyprus, Togo, Paraguay and Venezuela. Continue Reading
Arts and Culture
- Pete Wernick and Flexigrass Come to the Boulder J (10/18/2017) - I first heard Pete Wernick & Flexigrass perform in 1994 at the historic Left Hand Grange Hall in Niwot. Though it was a long time ago, I vividly recall a dazzling, fun, and soulful night out. Continue Reading
- Music@theJ Celebrates Diversity of American Musical Forms (10/17/2017) - Music legend Pete Wernick brings his bluegrass - jazz fusion to the Boulder JCC Sunday. Continue Reading