Shabbat shalom! It was a big week with the US announcement on Jerusalem – check out this statement by JEWISHcolorado and the Jewish Community Relations Council. And of course, Chanukah starts on Tuesday night.
If you haven’t already, please think about helping #Harvey and #Irma victims via donating to the Red Cross or through JEWISHcolorado’s Hurricane Relief Fund (which has been expanded to cover both disasters).
- JCRC and JEWISHcolorado Respond to White House Jerusalem Announcement (12/7/2017) - The Jewish Community Relations Council, a program of JEWISHcolorado, and JEWISHcolorado welcome President Trump’s decision to officially recognize Jerusalem as the capital of the State of Israel and begin the process of relocating the U.S. Embassy to Jerusalem. Continue Reading
- JScreen at Hillel Global Assembly to Educate About Testing for Jewish Genetic Diseases (12/6/2017) - JScreen was at the Hillel International Global Assembly in Denver, engaging with Hillel professionals in order to bring JScreen to their campuses for education and screening events. JScreen’s expanded screening panels now enable for testing of more than 200 diseases, a significant development from a generation ago. Continue Reading
- Congregation Har HaShem Completes 50 kW Solar PV Project (12/5/2017) - Congregation Har HaShem has completed installation of 50 kW of solar photovoltaic (PV) panels on its buildings. To mark the project’s completion, Har HaShem will hold a dedication event on Wednesday morning, December 13. Continue Reading
- Coco and Jewish Perspectives on Life and Beyond (12/4/2017) - Honor your parents, follow your destiny, remember your ancestors, cherish honesty…prime Jewish values? Indeed, these are some of the main themes in the upcoming Joseph story throughout the final Torah portions of the book of Genesis. Continue Reading
- Shabbat Nugget, The New Year of Chassidism (12/7/2017) - This Shabbos comes directly after the Chassidic Holiday called Yud Tes Kislev which was on Thursday. Yud Tes Kislev is called the new year of Chassidism. Continue Reading
- The Killing Fields – Parshat Vayeishev (12/7/2017) - We are heading into Joseph’s story - and it is a long and tortured one. Continue Reading
- A Eulogy for Bessie Hittelman z”l (12/7/2017) - Aishet chayil mi yimtza? A women of valor, of strength, who can find her? Asks Mishlei, the Book of Proverbs. We found one in Bess Hittelman! Continue Reading
- Are You “Thinking Outside the Latke Pan”? (12/6/2017) - Join Chef Jessica Hersh in a hands on class exploring delicious foods for Hanukkah at Congregation Bonai Shalom. Continue Reading
- Baruch Dayan Ha’emet: Rita Corn, z”l (12/6/2017) - Rita Corn, wife of Bill Corn z"l, beloved member of a founding family of Congregation Har HaShem, passed away on December 5th, 2017, Continue Reading
- Baruch Dayan Ha’emet: Bessie Hittelman, z”l (12/5/2017) - Bessie Hittelman, mother of Allen, Jan and Gary Hittelman, passed away Tuesday night, December 5th, 2017. Continue Reading
- SIPP Soiree Saturday (12/4/2017) - Join us for our year-end party on Saturday, December 9, 2017, with music by Sheldon Sands and project updates from our special guests. Continue Reading
- Annual Lighting of Boulder County’s Largest Menorah on Pearl Street Mall on Night 2 (12/4/2017) - Every year, hundreds of people from Boulder brave the always-variable weather to watch the lighting of Boulder County’s Biggest Menorah on the fabulous Pearl Street Mall together. Continue Reading
Arts and Culture
- Eight Nights by Jennifer Maisel – Reading and Panel on Immigration and Refugee Rights (12/7/2017) - Congregation Nevei Kodesh will present a staged reading of the powerful new play by LA writer, Jennifer Maisel on the first night of Hanukkah, December 12th. Continue Reading