Shabbat shalom and Chanukah Sameach! Hard to believe that 2017 is almost over. But we’re in the middle of a very exciting Chanukah season! Be sure to see everything that has or will happen Chanukah-wise at the Boulder Jewish News Chanukah page.
If you haven’t already, please think about helping #Harvey and #Irma victims via donating to the Red Cross or through JEWISHcolorado’s Hurricane Relief Fund (which has been expanded to cover both disasters).
- Next-Generation Donors Will Revolutionize Giving (12/14/2017) - We are currently engaged in the largest wealth transfer in history. Over 50 years, between 2007 and 2061, an estimated $59 trillion will pass from older to younger generations. What does that mean for philanthopy? Continue Reading
- Boulder Lights the 5778 Menorah on Pearl St. (12/13/2017) - Over 350 people came out in mild weather in front of the Boulder County Courthouse to light the Menorah for 2017 Chanukah. Continue Reading
- This Chanukah, Adopt-A-Safta (12/11/2017) - There are still 136,000 Holocaust Survivors living in Israel that need your support. Consider adopting a lonely Holocaust Survivor this year. Continue Reading
- Chanukah In Lafayette – Old Town Feel with Jewish Spirit (12/14/2017) - Chanukah is a wonderful time to show our Jewish pride and join together in community at Public Menorah lightings, as in Lafayette this Sunday. Continue Reading
- Bonai Shalom Hosts Pajama Havdalah (12/14/2017) - Join Congregation Bonai Shalom on January 6 for the end of Shabbat for a story with Rabbi Marc, the special end-of-Shabbat ceremony Havdalah, and singing songs with gentle guitar accompaniment. Continue Reading
- Pearl Street Menorah🔥: … You Coming? (12/12/2017) - This Wednesday, December 13th, the Boulder Center for Judaism and the Boulder JCC, will be hosting the largest Chanukah party in town!!! Continue Reading
- Chanukah 2017 Roundup of Events – And Videos (12/12/2017) - A quick guide to Chanukah events for the whole family around Boulder from night 2 on ... That's Wednesday December 13th through Wednesday December 20th. Plus, our Chanukah video playlist! Continue Reading
- 8th Ignite Chanukah Expects to Light It Up (12/11/2017) - Come watch your peers get up and give fast-paced, thought-provoking, 5-minute TED-talk-style presentations on their passions on Wednesday night at Ignite Chanukah! Continue Reading
- Chanukah on Ice at WinterSkate in Louisville (12/10/2017) - This year, the annual Chanukah on Ice event is on Thursday afternoon, December 14th at WinterSkate on Front St. in Louisville. Continue Reading
- Louisville Lights the Menorah at Winterskate (12/14/2017) - Larry and Jodi Ansell were honored as 5778 Louisville Lamplighters by the Boulder County Center for Judaism on Thursday, for Night 3 of Chanukah. Continue Reading
- Second Night of Chanukah Brings 8th Ignite Chanukah (12/13/2017) - Between the Menorah Lighting on Pearl St, and the 8th Ignite Chanukah a block away, Boulder Jews consumed 800 latkes in about 90 minutes Wednesday night. The bar was better at Ignite. Continue Reading
Arts and Culture
- Local Artist Brings “Festival of Color” and Front Page Story to BJCC (12/10/2017) - While you may expect art to be part of the curriculum of a preschool student, it’s not often that children get to work with nationally-renowned artists. Continue Reading
- Music, Merriment and Chinese Food = KLEZMANIA (12/10/2017) - Why not join friends at the Boulder JCC on Christmas Eve for a klezmer concert featuring the area’s best musicians? Continue Reading