Shabbat Shalom! Hope you had as much fun at the Boulder Jewish Festival last weekend as we did! Also, congrats to the 31 families whose kids graduated from this year’s Adventure Rabbi Bnai Mitzvah class. And of course, we are still in the middle of the 50th anniversary of the Six-Day War.
Have a great weekend, and enjoy this week’s stories in the BJN:
- JEWISHcolorado Commemorates the 1967 Six Day War (6/6/2017) - 12 Sivan 5777 - Wednesday, June 7 marks an opportunity to celebrate the triumphant occasion of Israel’s survival. It is also an opportunity to reflect on the 50 years since this war and the many challenges which Israel grapples with to this day.
- Adventure B’nai Mitzvah Class Graduates 31 Students (6/6/2017) - 12 Sivan 5777 - It’s a bittersweet time of year here at Adventure Rabbi headquarters. 31 students have graduated in this year’s Adventure B’nai Mitzvah Class.
- 23rd Boulder Jewish Festival Big Success (6/5/2017) - 11 Sivan 5777 - The 23rd Annual Boulder Jewish Festival took place on the Pearl St. Mall on Sunday, and it was a big success! Photos!
- SIPProjects Update: Hope to See You at the Boulder Jewish Festival (6/3/2017) - 9 Sivan 5777 - Stop by our booth today at the Boulder Jewish Festival and get the full updates on our projects. Meanwhile, check out the short versions in our post.
- Adventure Rabbi Teens Ready for Year 4 (6/8/2017) - 14 Sivan 5777 - The Adventure Rabbi Teen Group is back for a 4th year of amazing programming, building friendships, and having lots of fun!
- Torah Study Class Open to All Jewish Women (6/8/2017) - 14 Sivan 5777 - No matter your background in Jewish studies, please feel welcome to join a small group of women on Tuesday, June 13 in one of the cozy private study rooms in the Lafayette Public Library. Click for more info!
- When Opposites Attack – Parashat BeHa’alotcha (6/8/2017) - 14 Sivan 5777 - The boy came running out of the camp, and he looked panicked. Moses and Joshua, standing near the Tent of Meeting, turned to him, wondering what was wrong...
- Joshua Hirsh Bar Mitzvah (6/5/2017) - 11 Sivan 5777 - On Saturday, June 10, 2017, Joshua Hirsh will be called to the Torah as a Bar Mitzvah at Congregation Har HaShem.
- One Fine Day – Parashat Naso (6/3/2017) - 9 Sivan 5777 - I was sitting in an ‘Introduction to Rashi’ class and, for the opening session, the teacher was taking us through the first chapter of Genesis.
- Save the Date for Reel Hope Boulder Featuring Bruce Vilanch (6/3/2017) - 9 Sivan 5777 - Join Boulder Jewish Family Service for the fifth annual Reel Hope Boulder featuring award-winning writer, comedian, songwriter, and actor Bruce Vilanch on Saturday, October 14, 2017.
Arts and Culture
- Dylan’s Song for His Sons Highlights Father’s Day Concert at the J (6/8/2017) - 14 Sivan 5777 - Join ACE on Sunday, June 18 at 7:00 pm in Levin Hall for a Bob Dylan Tribute Concert.
- Sal Litvak Shares His Strange Journey at the J (6/6/2017) - 12 Sivan 5777 - Sal Litvak comes to the J for two programs, and in two incarnations. On June 11, he appears as The Accidental Talmudist.
- Annual Sight-Singing Romp with Colorado Hebrew Chorale (6/6/2017) - 12 Sivan 5777 - Singers and Listeners! Join the Colorado Hebrew Chorale for a memorable “romp” through Felix Mendelssohn’s oratorio "Elijah."
- A Remarkable Man Comes To Boulder (6/5/2017) - 11 Sivan 5777 - Salvador "Sal" Litvak makes two appearances at the Boulder JCC this week, on Thursday (with his film, "When Do We Eat?") and on Sunday, as the Accidental Talmudist.
- Nobel Prize Winner Bob Dylan is Honored with a Tribute Concert (6/5/2017) - 11 Sivan 5777 - Join ACE for a musical exploration of the impact and influence of Bob Dylan on Sunday, June 18. Come laugh, cry, remember, and sing!
- The Paris Accords — Now What? (6/5/2017) - 11 Sivan 5777 - In every country of the world in which Jewish people live, their government has endorsed the Paris Climate Agreement. Every religious faith community spoke up for it.