Shabbat Shalom! Hard to believe that 2017 is half-way over. But at least we get a long weekend to celebrate.
Have a great weekend, and enjoy this week’s stories in the BJN:
- JEWISHcolorado Denounces the Government of Israel’s Recent Actions Regarding Conversions and the Kotel (6/29/2017) - 5 Tamuz 5777 - JEWISHcolorado is extremely disheartened by the actions taken by the Government of Israel this week. We believe they threaten the rights of millions of Israeli and Diaspora Jews practicing religious freedom across all denominations.
- First Israeli Driver to Compete in NASCAR’s Highest Level Finishes 32nd in First Race (6/25/2017) - 1 Tamuz 5777 - History was made on Sunday June 25 in Sonoma, California when Alon Day became the first driver from Israel to ever compete in NASCAR’s top series.
- Inaugural Camp Adventure Rabbi Runs July 17-July 21 (6/29/2017) - 5 Tamuz 5777 - We've been planning for months, and now it's almost upon us - Camp Adventure Rabbi is getting ready to kick off it's inaugural year!
- ParshaNut – The Genesis of Jewish Culture: Parashat Chukat (6/29/2017) - 5 Tamuz 5777 - Why do certain periods in history seem to be erupting with cultural productivity, while others are relatively quiet?
- ParshaNut – Guardian Angels – Parshat Korach (6/25/2017) - 1 Tamuz 5777 - This week, the Angel of Death showed up twice.
- Boulder Hadassah Announces Summer/Fall Events (6/25/2017) - 1 Tamuz 5777 - Come have some fun with Boulder Hadassah and meet and greet both new and familiar friends! Open to the community and not just for members only.
Arts and Culture
- “Baby Boomer Baby” Opens At Dairy Center (6/29/2017) - 5 Tamuz 5777 - Tommy Koenig brings his hilarious musical to Boulder in "Baby Boomer Baby," a musical comedy talkin’ ‘bout my generation, the story of one Jewish Baby Boomer written and performed by Tommy Koenig.