Have a great weekend, stay cool, and enjoy this week’s stories in the BJN:
- Israel Women’s Lacrosse Wraps Up World Cup with 17-13 Loss to Scotland (7/24/2017) - 1 Av 5777 - The Israel women’s national team wrapped up their 2017 FIL Women’s World Cup campaign with a 17-13 loss to Scotland on Friday.
- Baruch Dayan Ha’emet: Thelma Levine z”l (7/27/2017) - 4 Av 5777 - Thelma Levine, mother of Barbra Cohn, passed away on Wednesday, July 26th 2017 in Florida.
- Mini Mensches Registration Open – Discount for First 10 Families (7/26/2017) - 3 Av 5777 - Begin your child's Jewish journey in a meaningful, joyful way. Explore the order and beauty of Jewish time and holidays while meeting other families with young children.
- Eleven Months of Kaddish (7/24/2017) - 1 Av 5777 - Rabbi Marc Soloway reflects on his year of mourning for his father, Alan Soloway z"l.
Arts and Culture
- The Torah of Wonder Women (7/26/2017) - 3 Av 5777 - One of the memorable lines from the recent blockbuster Wonder Woman: “I will fight for those who cannot fight for themselves.”
- Knitting for a Cause – Welcome Blanket Project in Boulder (7/24/2017) - 1 Av 5777 - Knitting for charity causes is not a new trend, but did you know that knitting and activism have been linked since before the American Revolution? The Women's March in January and the March for Science in March both used colorful, hand-made hats for a striking visual symbol. So many craftivists created so many hats for the Continue Reading
- Colorado Hebrew Chorale Opens Rehearsals in August (7/24/2017) - 1 Av 5777 - The Colorado Hebrew Chorale and and its women’s choir, Kol Nashim, seek qualified singers ages 13 and up in all voice parts. Previous experience is not required. Open rehearsals are being held in August.