Shabbat shalom! If you didn’t get enough Jewish community holiday merriment over the last week or so of Chanukah celebrations, there’s one more biggie coming up this weekend: Sunday night’s Christmas Eve Klezmania Chinese food, concert and party at the Boulder JCC. And on Christmas Day, the Jewish community and the Muslim community will be sharing a day of service for our Christian friends and neighbors. So stay warm, and enjoy the long weekend.
If you haven’t already, please think about helping #Harvey and #Irma victims via donating to the Red Cross or through JEWISHcolorado’s Hurricane Relief Fund (which has been expanded to cover both disasters).
- Just a Few Slots Left for MJAB’s Day of Christmas Service (12/21/2017) - 3 Tevet 5778 - MJAB (Muslim-Jewish Alliance of Boulder) is on track for a powerful, joint day of service on Christmas Day! Continue Reading
- JEWISHcolorado Xmas Mitzvah Project Poised to Provide 300+ Volunteers on Monday (12/19/2017) - 1 Tevet 5778 - Jewish volunteers will provide relief to non-Jewish employees/volunteers at a range of local healthcare and non-profit facilities, enabling them to spend Christmas with their loved ones. Continue Reading
- A Declaration of Interdependence: Hanukkah is a Feast of Solutions (12/19/2017) - 1 Tevet 5778 - The lesson of Hanukkah that I am suggesting we consider for 2017 and beyond is to stop pointing our fingers at Agribusiness, Big Pharma, the Fossil Fuel Industry. I suggest that we can refocus our language and our behavior on our own agency and how it impacts our global interdependency. Continue Reading
- Soliloquy of Yehudis (12/19/2017) - 1 Tevet 5778 - Given the present day focus on gender abuse, the story portrayed here about Judith and the Maccabees seems to have particular contemporary relevance. Continue Reading
- Baruch Dayan Ha’emet: Reeta Greenstein, z”l (12/21/2017) - 3 Tevet 5778 - Reeta Greenstein, Lisa Vall's mother, passed away late on Wednesday night, December 20th, 2017, in Boston. Continue Reading
- Professor Sam Boyd to Speak at Bonai Shalom for January’s First Friday (12/19/2017) - 1 Tevet 5778 - Start the new year right by joining the Bonai Shalom community and guest speaker Professor Sam Boyd to discuss the Jewish departure from Egypt. Continue Reading
Arts and Culture
- NBC Left Field: Why Do American Jews Eat Chinese Food on Christmas? (12/21/2017) - 3 Tevet 5778 - There's more to the tradition of New York Jewish people eating Chinese food on Christmas than just convenience. Continue Reading