Shabbat Shalom! Mazel tov to the Knitzvah team that met at Bonai Shalom this week to knit squares and assemble them into Welcome Blankets for newly arrived refugees. Watch BJN for the news of the next Knitzvah gathering.
BJN offers our condolences to the Summer-Ellis household, where Steve Ellis, longtime BJN sponsor, is mourning the loss of both his fathter, Tom Ellis, and his step-father, Manny Talkovsky, wthin 10 days of each other.
Have a great weekend, stay cool, watch safely, and enjoy this week’s stories in the BJN:
- Golin Walks the Intermarried Talk as New Head of SHJ (8/24/2017) - Noted Jewish thinker and writer Paul Golin asks "Who's a Jew?" as he discusses intermarriage during brunch on Sunday at the Boulder JCC. Continue Reading
- Staenberg-Loup JCC Hosts Second Jewish Aging Mastery Program for Older Adults (8/24/2017) - To provide baby boomers in the Denver area with programming to assist in aging successfully, JCC Denver is offering the Jewish Aging Mastery Program (JAMP) from Sept. 27-Dec. 20. Continue Reading
- Baruch Dayan Ha’emet: Tom Ellis z”l and Manny Talkovsky z”l (8/24/2017) - Tom Ellis, father of Steve Ellis, and Manny Talkovsky, step-father of Steve Ellis, both passed away in the last 10 days. There will be a shiva and minyan on Sunday, August 27. Continue Reading
- Cameron Kowitt Bat Mitzvah (8/24/2017) - On Saturday, August 26th, 2017, Cameron Kowitt will be called to the Torah as a Bat Mitzvah with the Adventure Rabbi. Continue Reading
- Elsa Mushkin Bat Mitzvah (8/24/2017) - On Saturday, August 26th, 2017, Elsa Mushkin will be called to the Torah as a Bat Mitzvah with the Adventure Rabbi. Continue Reading
- Ella Park Bat Mitzvah (8/24/2017) - On Saturday, August 26th, 2017, Ella Park will be called to the Torah as a Bat Mitzvah at Congregation Har HaShem. Continue Reading
- Jason Stoutenberg Bar Mitzvah (8/24/2017) - On Saturday, August 26, 2017, Jason Stoutenberg will be called to the Torah as a Bar Mitzvah at Congregation Har HaShem. Continue Reading
- Free High Holiday Services for the Jewish Community in Denver (8/22/2017) - National Jewish Health is proud to continue its long-standing tradition of offering free High Holiday services for Rosh Hashanah and Yom Kippur. Continue Reading
- More Relevant Than Ever – Tonight’s ADL Briefing on Home Grown Extremism (8/23/2017) - Tonight, August 23, ADL will be hosting Jessica Reaves discussing the sharp raise of Extremism in America on both the right and the left as well as answering questions on this subject. Continue Reading