Shabbat Shalom! Women take note, this Sunday Boulder Hadassah is hosting a garden party. And men, next Thursday is the monthly Boulder Jewish Men’s Breakfast at The Egg and I at 8 am.
Have a great weekend, stay cool, and enjoy this week’s stories in the BJN:
- Opinion: Shlichah Osnat Fox on Wall and Conversion Decisions (7/6/2017) - 12 Tamuz 5777 - I want to talk about the recent decisions of my government in promoting a conversion bill and suspending the Kotel agreement from last year.
- Hazon Announces Mini-Grant Opportunity (7/5/2017) - 11 Tamuz 5777 - Hazon in Colorado is awarding $25,000 in mini-grants for projects that will make the Colorado Jewish community healthier and more sustainable.
- JEWISHcolorado Calls for Applications for 2017 Young Women’s Scholarships (7/4/2017) - 10 Tamuz 5777 - Jewish women between the ages of 21 and 45 who are Colorado residents and have been identified as leaders or as having leadership potential in the Jewish community are encouraged to apply for these annual leadership scholarships.
- ParshaNut: The View From The Top – Parashat Balak (7/6/2017) - 12 Tamuz 5777 - This week King Balak seeks to curse the Children of Israel, and fails. Then he does it again. And again. Why does he keep trying?
- Register Now for Adventure Rabbi Teens (7/5/2017) - 11 Tamuz 5777 - The Adventure Rabbi Teen Group is back for a 4th year of amazing programming, building friendships, and having lots of fun!
- Adventure Rabbi Kids Religious School Open Enrollment (7/4/2017) - 10 Tamuz 5777 - As Adventure Rabbi Kids plunges into its 7th year, we delve into a world of learning that involves hands-on exploration, critical thinking that pushes our ideas and imaginations to the limit, and a focus on bringing each other together as a loving and caring community.
- Moses, Dr. Strange and the Heroism of Humility (7/4/2017) - 10 Tamuz 5777 - I often ask myself, ‘Why is our culture so obsessed with movies about heroes and villains?'
Arts and Culture
- Highlights and New Additions in 2nd year of Cherryvale Day Camp at BJCC (7/6/2017) - 12 Tamuz 5777 - The summer has officially started and the Boulder JCC’s Cherryvale Day Camp program has had a great start to the season!