In the wake of the U.S. abstention on the U.N. Security Council Resolution 2334 vote on December 23rd and Secretary of State John Kerry’s December 28th speech at the State Department, there have been a tidal wave of articles, opinion pieces and critiques. The following analyses provide what we believe are some of the most thoughtful insights into the implications of the resolution’s passage and the developing situation. We will continue to follow the Administration’s remarks leading up to the January 15 international peace conference in Paris, and will provide resources accordingly.
John Kerry’s Speech and Reactions
- Full Text of Secretary of State John Kerry’s Speech 12/28/16
- Times of Israel – Full Text of Israel Prime Minister Netanyahu’s Response to Kerry Speech
- David Makovsky – Ziegler Distinguished Fellow at the Washington Institute – Analysis of U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry’s December 28 speech and its Implications – recording of JFNA/JCPA December 29 conference call
- AIPAC Statement on Secretary Kerry’s Speech
- The New York Times – Thomas L. Friedman – Bibi Netanyahu Makes Trump His Chump
The JCRC (Jewish Community Relations Council), a program of JEWISHcolorado, advocates for domestic and international policy issues that affect the Colorado Jewish community, represents these views to the Jewish community and to the general community of Colorado, and organizes the Jewish community in times of crisis. JCRC consists of more than 30 member organizations, 15 at-large members, and is affiliated with the Jewish Council for Public Affairs (JCPA).
Founded in 1946, JEWISHcolorado is inspired by the collective responsibility to build and sustain Jewish life in Colorado, Israel, and around the world. Our mission is to secure, steward, and share philanthropic and human resources in support of vibrant Jewish life as well as mobilize the community in times of need. JEWISHcolorado is a proud member of Jewish Federations of North America, which is collectively ranked among the top ten charities on the continent. Last year, JEWISHcolorado’s Annual Campaign raised approximately $10 million and the Endowment and Planned Giving arm houses more than $60 million in long-term assets.