Shabbat Shalom, and Happy New Year 2017! The week began with Chinese Food paired with Klezmer at the BJCC and Bowling in Westminster; then saw public menorah lightings in Boulder, Longmont, Lafayette and Louisville, bringing lots of light into Boulder County nights. New Year’s Eve marks the end of Chanukah 2016, just in time to ring in 2017, and not a moment too soon. BJN will be off for the holiday, and we’ll see you next year!
Have a great weekend, stay warm and enjoy this week’s stories in the BJN:
- Colorado Water Expert Leads Mission to Israel (12/29/2016) - 29 Kislev 5777 - Robert Lembke, of Greenwood Village, CO, recently chaired Jewish National Fund’s (JNF) mission to Israel for water experts from all over the world. Continue Reading
- JFNA Issues Statement on Friday’s UN Resolution (12/26/2016) - 26 Kislev 5777 - Jewish Federations across North America are deeply disappointed that the United States abstained from the December 23rd vote on the one-sided, anti-Israel resolution that was passed by the UN Security Council. Continue Reading
- Lamplighter Doug Velick Honored with Lighting Menorah at Chanukah on Ice (12/29/2016) - 29 Kislev 5777 - Young and old joined for a late afternoon of skating to Chanukah Music at Winterskate in Louisville, schmoozing, noshing and participating in the lighting of the large menorah. Continue Reading
- Northeastern India’s ‘Lost’ Jewish Tribe Celebrates Chanukah (12/29/2016) - 29 Kislev 5777 - Thousands of members of the Bnei Menashe community from across northeastern India gathered this week to celebrate Chanukah. Continue Reading
- 4th Night for Philanthropy (12/26/2016) - 26 Kislev 5777 - 4th Night for Philanthropy – a way to encourage giving and discussions of Tzedakah during your family’s Hanukkah celebration. Continue Reading
- Boulder Lights the Menorah on Pearl St. Mall (12/26/2016) - 26 Kislev 5777 - Boulder's Jewish community celebrated night three of Chanukah on the Pearl Street Mall on Monday night. Continue Reading