Save the Date: December 17th!
Chanukah is only a week away, and you don’t want to miss one of the highlights of the season in Boulder – the Menorah Lighting on the Pearl Street Mall.
This annual outdoor event attracts over 300 parents, children, grandparents, couples, singles, and passers-by each year, and has become a holiday ritual for numerous local Jewish families.
Put December 17th on your calendar now: the festivities begin at 5:30 pm and include these things regulars attendees have come to expect:
- A performance by the talented and well-loved musician Steve Brodsky,
- Plenty of fresh soufganiot,
- Small menorah and candle sets to take home,
- Abundant chocolate gelt,
- and the lighting of the giant Menorah.
In addition, this year there will be:
- A fresh, hot Latke Bar created by local chef Josh Raderman, who is renowned as the best latke maker in town,
- A visit from Miles, Denver’s well-loved football mascot.
Rabbi Pesach Scheiner, of the Boulder County Center for Judaism, reminds us that there is more to Chanukah than sweets and presents.
Lighting the menorah symbolizes one’s responsibility to light up and inspire the world and make it better and the conviction of the Jewish people that by adding just a little flicker of light we can dispel great darkness.”
For more information, call 303-494-1638 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.