Nevei Yeladim, the innovative religious education program of Congregation Nevei Kodesh, Jewish Renewal Community of Boulder, is looking for a Religious School Director, to implement the spiritual vision of the community and oversee and implement curricular and administrative functioning of the school. The Director is the primary face of the school, providing outreach, faculty guidance and a warm mentoring presence to children and their parents. The Director ensures that the educational offerings are consistent with Jewish Renewal principles and teachings.
Our school strives to present a creative, heartfelt, joyful and contemplative approach to Jewish practice and sacred text. Our experiential curriculum includes singing, dancing, music, cooking, crafts, environmental awareness and service work. We strive to provide a vessel for children and their families to learn the foundations of Jewish tradition and ritual while building a strong Jewish identity.
The school currently includes four programs.
- Crossing the River (CTR) is a pre-Bar/Bat Mitzvah program for grades 6 and 7, meeting 2-3x/month in a variety of formats, with an emphasis on Jewish ethics and Torah. (Monday evening currently)
- Simcha Tots: Monthly Program for families of children 0-5
- Living a Jewish Life (LJL): an early elementary school (grades K-5), 2-3x/month Sunday program teaching Jewish traditions, including ideas, literature, history, holidays, values, and the Aleph-Bet. There are also monthly parent meetings.
- Hebrew Chavurot (HC) is a Hebrew tutorial program for grades 3-6, teaching basic reading skills and prayers in small groups of children mid-week (Tuesdays and Wednesdays).
Specific responsibilities include teaching hiring/supervision, program development and management, administrative oversight, family education/parent meetings, marketing/outreach, tracking b’nai mitzvah preparation progress.
The Director works with a congregational Education Committee. They also meet regularly with the Executive Director and Rabbi. The Director also participates in citywide Jewish education initiatives via the Boulder Educator’s Team (BET).
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in education, Jewish studies, or related field.
- 3 to 5 years of professional experience in Jewish education or equivalent experience
- Knowledge of Jewish renewal principles
- Understanding of Jewish lifecycle, holidays and festivals
- Excellent people skills and ability to work collaborative
- Project/program management experience.
- Excellent computer skills (Word, Excel, email programs)
- Ability to work flexible hours (evenings and weekends, as needed)
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and work well under pressure
- Basic web and social network skills
- Volunteer management experience
- Interest in social justice and environmental awareness
- Fundraising experience
Part-time 25 hours a week* (*This is based on average for entire year. Hours will vary depending on time of year, with 8-week summer break as well as time off around school holidays.)
Salary: Commensurate with experience.
If interested, please send a cover letter and resume, along with salary requirements, by May 1 to firstname.lastname@example.org or call (303) 443-4567 for further information.
Nevei Kodesh is a nonprofit entity and equal opportunity employer.