Every child deserves to start the school year off on the right foot, with a new backpack and the proper school supplies. Thanks to Crayons to Calculators and the Boulder Jewish Community, we can make this happen.
With the high costs of school supplies, purchasing supplies presents challenges to many economically disadvantaged families in the Boulder Valley and St. Vrain school districts. The goal of this project is to increase community support of children in need and ensure that all students start school with the supplies they need to succeed. For the 2012-13 school year, the program will fulfill the needs of nearly 8,000 students!
Through the generosity of the 18 Pomegranates Foundation and the Oreg Foundation, we are once again able to purchase close to 300 backpacks. Our goal is to donate 400 backpacks this year and we are asking for your help in achieving our goal.
How Can You Help?
- Make a cash donation and we’ll shop for you! Go to www.boulderjcc.org to donate online.
- Fill a new, gender neutral backpack with supplies and drop it off at one of our Jewish community drop-off sites from June 22 – July 24. Go to www.boulderjcc.org to see the list of supplies needed.
- Volunteer to stuff backpacks at our stuffing and ice cream party to be held at the Crayons to Calculators warehouse on July 24 from 6-8pm. RSVP to Shari at firstname.lastname@example.org.
These Jewish community drop off sites are accepting backpacks and supplies between now and July 23:
- Boulder Jewish Community Center – 3800 Kalmia Ave, Boulder, CO 80301
- Congregation Har Hashem – 3950 Baseline Road, Boulder, CO 80303-2502 – Drop off in South or Main Buildings
- Congregation Bonai Shalom – 1527 Cherryvale Road Boulder, CO 80303 – Drop off in Main Building
Thank you to our Crayons to Calculators community sponsors:
18 Pomegranates Foundation, Oreg Foundation, Boulder JCC, Boulder Jewish News, Congregation Beth Ami, Congregation Har HaShem, Congregation Bonai Shalom, Congregation Nevei Kodesh, Kehillat Aish Kodesh
For additional information please contact Shari Blake Schnee at email@example.com, 303-998-1900, ext. 106.