As 2009 draws to a close, the board of Stand By Israel (SBI) is pleased to announce we have been granted 501(c)(3) status. This means all donations to SBI are now tax deductible to the extent no value is received. As you make your year-end donations we hope you will consider supporting our efforts to combat anti-Israel sentiment and activity in our community.
Boulder’s only all-volunteer Israel educational organization, SBI has been actively involved in countering the forces aligned against Israel that threaten her existence and security. We are now expanding our efforts and are in the process of creating a web site, which is vital to our ongoing success defending Israel’s legitimacy.
We know you share our concern for Israel and we thank you for your past support. We appreciate any 2009 tax-deductible donation you are able to make at this time. We look forward to making a difference in 2010 and thank you for helping us stand by Israel in a time of need.
Please make checks payable to Stand By Israel and mail to the attention of SBI President Michael Wolin, 440 Pratt Street, Longmont, CO 80501. With best wishes,
Stand By Israel, Inc. is an educational organization dedicated to providing accurate information about Israel and the Jewish people, educating the public about the realities of the Middle East conflict and counteracting anti-Semitism. We are a Boulder-based grassroots, membership-driven group of people who believe that Israel has the right to live in peace. Our goals are to educate people about the complexities of the political realities in the Middle East; to create dialogue and stimulate an open exchange of diverse opinions among Israel advocates; and to influence public opinion and the opinion of policymakers. You will want to support Stand By Israel if:
- You want to counter the efforts of anti-Israel organizations to demonize, de-humanize, isolate and de-legitimize Israel, and to counter their efforts to expand public anti-Semitic sentiment.
- You want to correct factual and historical errors and false or dubious assertions in the media and in public opinion about the Middle Eastern conflict and thereby promote a more balanced view on the subject.
- You want to better publicize the positive values of Israel in the media and in public opinion than currently exists.
- You want to learn more about the Middle Eastern conflict and achieve a more detailed understanding of it.
- You want to help bring a unity of views among diverse opinions – left and right, conservative, liberal and libertarian, religious and secular – on questions relating to Israel and the Middle East.