Shabbat Shalom and happy Cinco de Mayo!
Have a great weekend, and enjoy this week’s stories in the BJN:
- Walking in the Footsteps of Jewish Heroes (5/4/2017) - 8 Iyar 5777 - It is a tranquil spring morning in the northern Golan Heights, with flowers in full bloom and nearby cows milling about between long deserted buildings...
- Congregation Bonai Shalom Awarded 2016 Hazon Seal of Sustainability (5/3/2017) - 7 Iyar 5777 - All Bonai Shalom events are zero waste, its community supports and participates in urban farming initiatives, and it supplements its Kiddush and Shabbat dinners with food grown from its own six raised garden beds.
- ADL Commends Law Enforcement for Investigating DU Vandalism as Potential Hate Crime (5/3/2017) - 7 Iyar 5777 - ADL, responding to reports of vandalism of six cars that had swastikas and “KKK” scratched into them, condemned the incident and applauded law enforcement for investigating the incident as a possible hate crime.
- Hundreds Turn Out to Celebrate Israel’s 69th Birthday (5/2/2017) - 6 Iyar 5777 - The Boulder JCC hosted a community Yom Haatzmaut celebration Monday night. Check out our photos!
- Enchanting and Accessible Forests (4/30/2017) - 4 Iyar 5777 - In coordination with partner LOTEM-Making Nature Accessible, JNF is able to make Israel's forests and parks accessible to the country’s special needs and disabled community.
- Collaborative Divorce: A Better Way (4/30/2017) - 4 Iyar 5777 - Most divorces are resolved through litigation, and some are resolved through mediation. However, there is a third way, which although it has been around for quite a while, it is still a well-kept secret.
- Transformative Time: When Your Enemy Becomes Your Ally (5/4/2017) - 8 Iyar 5777 - ‘How long does it take to change the essence of a man?’
- Haver’s Shavuot Program on Holiness (5/4/2017) - 8 Iyar 5777 - What does holiness mean in a world filled with moral ambiguity?
- Shabbat Nugget: Why the High Priest Must Be a Married Man (5/4/2017) - 8 Iyar 5777 - The opening verse of this week's Torah portion is "Hashem spoke to Moses after the death of Aaron's two sons .. speak to Aharon your brother - he shall not come at all times into the sanctuary."
- RSVP Now for Boulder’s Lag BBQ (5/3/2017) - 7 Iyar 5777 - Boulder Center for Judaism is providing a fun Lag B'Omer program on Sunday, May 14 with bbq choices for the entire family.
- Updates for Holocaust Survivors from Claims Conference May 11 in Denver (5/3/2017) - 7 Iyar 5777 - As part of the JFS at the JCC program, Jewish Family Service is offering a free program for Jewish survivors of the Holocaust to hear updates from the Conference on Jewish Material Claims Against Germany on Thursday, May 11, at the Denver JCC, 350 S. Dahlia St.
- JEWISHcolorado and Loup Denver JCC Host Walk for Israel and Celebrate Family Festival on May 7 (5/2/2017) - 6 Iyar 5777 - "We have such a dynamic community and one that is committed to strengthening Colorado’s connection to Israel." Come walk and celebrate Israel on Sunday! Buses from Har HaShem!
Arts and Culture
- Kol Nashim Women’s Choir to Perform to Benefit Battered Women May 21st (5/4/2017) - 8 Iyar 5777 - The women’s choir of the Colorado Hebrew Chorale will present a performance of “Woman to Woman”, their annual concert benefiting the Jerusalem Shelter for Battered Women.