Shabbat Shalom! We’re on the verge of April — where has the year gone? Not to mention, our winter-spring snow… Passover is just over a week away, starting on the evening of Monday April 10th. Be sure to check out our Passover page to see all our Passover-related coverage.
Have a great weekend, stay warm, and enjoy this week’s stories in the BJN:
- Seed to Table Conference Brings the Community Together (3/28/2017) - 1 Nisan 5777 - Last Sunday, March 19th, over 90 people gathered at the Boulder JCC for “Seed to Table,” a day that was described by many as a “Jewish Gardening Bootcamp.”
- Israel Memorial Day Event – Colorado Remembers Our Loved Ones (3/30/2017) - 3 Nisan 5777 - We invite the entire community to a special Israel Memorial Day ceremony at the Boulder JCC on Sunday, April 30th.
- Parashat Vayikra: Hearing our Calling (3/30/2017) - 3 Nisan 5777 - This week's Torah portion begins with the verse, "G-d called to Moses speaking to him from the communion tent."
- Westminster Jewish Center Hosts Two Community Seders (3/28/2017) - 1 Nisan 5777 - This year, you can find the Festival's warmth and tradition right here in North Metro Denver at Chabad of NW Metro Denver’s community seders on Monday April 10 and Tuesday April 11.
- Join the Boulder County Center for Judaism for a Special Passover Experience (3/26/2017) - 28 Adar II 5777 - Rabbi Pesach and Chany Scheiner invite you to consider their home yours for Passover and revel in the yom tov of Pesach - the celebration of our freedom as a united community.
- Beth Ami Holding Community Seder at Boulder JCC (3/26/2017) - 28 Adar II 5777 - Beth Ami invites you to celebrate Passover on April 9th at the Boulder JCC in Levin Hall.
- Mollie Cohen Bat Mitzvah (3/26/2017) - 28 Adar II 5777 - On Saturday, April 1, 2017, Mollie Cohen will be called to the Torah as a Bat Mitzvah at Congregation Har HaShem.
- Magic, the Bible, and the Biblical Imagination in Jewish Mysticism (3/26/2017) - 28 Adar II 5777 - The University of Colorado Boulder’s Peak to Peak Lecture Series and the CU Carbondale Speakers Series present a talk with CU Boulder Professor Samuel Boyd titled "Magic, the Bible, and the Biblical Imagination in Jewish Mysticism” Saturday, April 15 at the Carbondale Branch Library, Carbondale, CO.
Arts and Culture
- The Jewish Roots of Benny Goodman: King of Swing, Civil Rights Advocate (3/30/2017) - 3 Nisan 5777 - Congregation Nevei Kodesh is presenting a concert by the Peter and Will Anderson Trio in honor of Benny Goodman and his legacy.
- Festival with Heart Provided Nourishment for the Soul – and Food for Thought (3/30/2017) - 3 Nisan 5777 - Last chance to vote for AUDIENCE FAVORITE - take the Boulder Jewish Film Festival survey now!
- “Dirty Wolves” and De-Liberating Women (3/26/2017) - 28 Adar II 5777 - The Boulder Jewish Film Festival of 2017 has come and gone, but their impact still remains with us. Of the many films that I saw, one was my personal favorite: "Dirty Wolves."