Shabbat Shalom! The news broke Thursday that a suspect was arrested in the string of bomb threats against JCCs and other Jewish locations occuring over the last three months. Shockingly to most, the suspect is an Israeli-American Jewish 19-year-old man. We’ve linked to stories from JTA below for more information.
Have a great weekend, stay warm, and enjoy this week’s stories in the BJN:
News (From JTA)
- Boulder County Center for Judaism Importing Shmura Matzo Again (3/23/2017) - 25 Adar II 5777 - Once again, the Boulder County Center for Judaism is importing over 100 pounds of Shmura matzo for Passover. Order yours today!
- Smoking in the Temple? Parashat Vayakhel-Pekudei (3/23/2017) - 25 Adar II 5777 - In this week's Torah portion, we continue to learn about the Temple the Jewish people built in the desert.
- Talia Squarer Helps “A Precious Child” for Her Mitzvah Project, Asks for Donations (3/22/2017) - 24 Adar II 5777 - For Talia's mitzvah project she is gathering shoes and clothes for children living in poverty as part of her work with "A Precious Child."
- Baruch Dayan Ha’emet: Shimon Malin z”l (3/22/2017) - 24 Adar II 5777 - Shimon Malin, father of Yonatan Malin, died peacefully on Friday afternoon, March 17, 2017.
- Baruch Dayan Ha’emet: Robert “Bob” Loup z”l (3/18/2017) - 20 Adar II 5777 - Robert E. "Bob" Loup, patriarch of the Denver Jewish community, passed away on Friday, March 17th, 2017. May his memory be for a blessing.
- Celebrate Two Birthdays at the J on May 1 (3/23/2017) - 25 Adar II 5777 - Join JEWISHcolorado and the Boulder JCC for a family-friendly Israel Independence Day celebration featuring Israeli dancing, live music, children's activities, break-out sessions, falafel and a film.
- Aldan Solovy to Discuss Prayer as Spiritual Resistance (3/22/2017) - 24 Adar II 5777 - How can prayer be interpreted and used as a tool for spiritual resistance? Aldan Solovy will explore five ways to engage in prayer as spiritual resistance on April 5th.
Arts and Culture
- Religion and Human Rights After the 2016 Election (3/23/2017) - 25 Adar II 5777 - The Jewish studies programs at CU and DU are pleased to welcome Harvard Professor Samuel Moyn as the guest scholar of the 2017 Week of Jewish Philosophy.