Shabbat Shalom, and chag Shavuos sameach! June has arrived, and that means #BESTSUNDAYINJUNE, the Boulder Jewish Festival is coming this Sunday, June 4th! Boulder Jewish News will be at the Festival in Booth 6 with the Boulder Jewish Community Foundation, and we will be giving away special stickers to all. Please come visit our booth and say hi!
Have a great weekend, see you on Sunday at the Festival, and enjoy this week’s stories in the BJN:
- Israeli Teen Chosen to Represent Israel at 2017 Stockholm Junior Water Prize (5/29/2017) - 4 Sivan 5777 - Rows of nervous high school students filled the hall at Tel Aviv University on May 17, where over a dozen participants were invited to compete in the annual Stockholm Junior Water Prize.
- Brunch for the Champions? Shavuos 5777 (5/29/2017) - 4 Sivan 5777 - Although, you are busy celebrating the Bolder Boulder and the Memorial Day Weekend, we are gearing up for the highlight of the year...Shavuos!
- Haver Invites Community to Shavuot (5/29/2017) - 4 Sivan 5777 - What does holiness mean in a world filled with moral ambiguity? Please join us for sacred study as Boulder’s Jewish spiritual leaders delve into the topic of kedusha.
- Counting From a Higher Place (5/29/2017) - 4 Sivan 5777 - ...What I did know was that numbers terrified me to the extent that I flunked elementary school math...
- Adam Gebben Bar Mitzvah (5/29/2017) - 4 Sivan 5777 - On Saturday, June 3, 2017, Adam Gebben will be called to the Torah as a Bar Mitzvah at Congregation Har HaShem.
See you Sunday June 4th on the Courthouse Lawn!
- Celebrate Pride Shabbat and Parade in Denver (6/1/2017) - 7 Sivan 5777 - Please stand in solidarity with our lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and queer brethren this June by participating in Pride Shabbat and/or the Jewish Community Pride march at the Denver Pride Parade.
- A Vigil to Commemorate the M.S. St. Louis (5/29/2017) - 4 Sivan 5777 - Join communities across the country participating in vigils to commemorate the tragedy of the St. Louis' Jewish refugees from Nazi Germany.
Arts and Culture
- Jewish Genealogy Society Holding Annual Meeting and Brunch (6/1/2017) - 7 Sivan 5777 - The Jewish Genealogy Society of Colorado (JGSCO) will be holding its Annual Meeting and Brunch on June 11, 2017.