Have a great weekend, and enjoy this week’s stories in the BJN:
- JCRC Welcomes Three New Member Organizations (6/22/2017) - 28 Sivan 5777 - The Jewish Community Relations Council (JCRC), a program of JEWISHcolorado, officially welcomed three new member organizations this morning: Denver Jewish Chamber of Commerce, Hillel Academy and the Colorado Chapter of the J Street Education Fund.
- JNF Donor Gives $1.3 Million for Preserving the Memory of Immigrants’ Journeys to Israel (6/22/2017) - 28 Sivan 5777 - Immigrants’ stories of their journeys to the Holy Land will live on thanks due to the generosity and foresight of Denver, CO resident Jack Grynberg.
- Celebrating Life and Remembering Loss at Ammunition Hill (6/19/2017) - 25 Sivan 5777 - Last week, during the 50th anniversary of the 1967 Six-Day War JNF held two special, separate events honoring soldiers at Ammunition Hill, Israel’s national memorial site in Jerusalem.
- Adventure B’nai Mitzvah Class for Aug 2017 Almost Full (6/22/2017) - 28 Sivan 5777 - The program runs from August to May and is geared for students in seventh grade. Currently, there are two spots left for the 2017-2018 school year.
- Shabbat Nugget – Green Eyed with Envy, Parashat Korach (6/22/2017) - 28 Sivan 5777 - In this week's Torah portion, we learn about the rebellion which Korach led against Moses.
- July Torah Study Class Open to All Jewish Women (6/19/2017) - 25 Sivan 5777 - Chayei Sara (Life of Sara) Genesis 23:1 to 25:18, is the parsha we are studying in July. It begins with Abraham purchasing a place to bury his beloved wife, who had died at age 127.
Arts and Culture
- Dylan Tribute Draws and Wows a Crowd on Father’s Day (6/19/2017) - 25 Sivan 5777 - Audiences at Sunday's Dylan Tribute Concert enjoyed an evening of folk classics performed by the very best in local talent.