Shabbat Shalom! This Saturday, January 7th, Congregation Bonai Shalom has invited members of the Boulder Islamic Center to join them for lunch after services.
“In this challenging time, we want to give thanks for the wonderful relationships we have started to build. Please join Bonai Shalom and the Boulder Islamic Center for a vegetarian lunch at Bonai Shalom to continue the conversation. All ages are welcome We will have children’s programming and conversation for teens.”
Have a great weekend, stay warm and enjoy this week’s stories in the BJN:
- JEWISHcolorado Hosts 300+ Volunteers for Christmas Mitzvah Project (1/5/2017) - 7 Tevet 5777 - The Christmas Mitzvah Project united the Jewish community during the holiday season as hundreds of Jewish volunteers lent a hand on Christmas Day.
- Opinion: Worse than Kapos? (1/5/2017) - 7 Tevet 5777 - Rabbi Marc Soloway considers what it means today to be called "worse than kapos" for holding -- and expressing -- fairly mainstream opinions in the public market of ideas.
- Resources from JCRC for Understanding the Recent Developments in U.S. – Israel Relations (1/3/2017) - 5 Tevet 5777 - The Jewish Community Relations Council (JCRC) has collected links to articles analyzing the recent events surrounding the passage of UN Security Council Resolution 2334 on December 23rd and Secretary Kerry's subsequent speech and their effects on U.S. - Israel relations.
- Teens: BJTI High School Clubs Back In Full Swing (1/3/2017) - 5 Tevet 5777 - We cannot wait to hear about all your fun adventures both near and far. We have some really great programs planned for the Spring including a ton of high school club meetings.
- Jacob Rosenbaum Bar Mitzvah (1/3/2017) - 5 Tevet 5777 - On Saturday, January 7, 2017, Jacob Rosenbaum will be called to the Torah as a Bar Mitzvah at Congregation Har HaShem.
- Baruch Dayan HaEmet: Valerie Lebovitz z”l (1/3/2017) - 5 Tevet 5777 - Valerie Lebovitz (Feige bat Yisrael v’Bluma Hendel), Irene Rosenschein’s sister, left the world peacefully on Shabbat Hanukkah in her home in Borough Park, Brooklyn.