Shabbat Shalom! Boulder women, be sure to check out the Boulder Bus to next Thursday’s CHOICES event from JEWISHcolorado. Featured guests are Aly Raisman and her mother Lynn. More information at JEWISHcolorado/CHOICES.
Have a great weekend, stay warm and enjoy this week’s stories in the BJN:
- AMHSI-JNF Receives $250K Grant for Scholarships and Alumni Engagement (1/26/2017) - 28 Tevet 5777 - Jewish National Fund’s Alexander Muss High School in Israel (AMHSI-JNF) has received a $250,000 grant from the Jim Joseph Foundation for its Israel Continuum programming.
- Members Helped Write New Torah Scroll for Congregation Har HaShem (1/24/2017) - 26 Tevet 5777 - On Sunday, January 22, Congregation Har HaShem dedicated a new Torah scroll that included Hebrew letters handwritten by hundreds of congregants.
- Letter to the Editor: Rabbi Tzvi Steinberg (1/22/2017) - 24 Tevet 5777 - On Wednesday, January 18th, JEWISHcolorado hosted a community meeting regarding the Kosher Meals and Wheels program and the JCC Communal Meal program.
- Bereishit – Torah Class Tuesday at Lafayette Library (1/26/2017) - 28 Tevet 5777 - Join Chany Scheiner and a small group of women and learn highlights of the Torah Portion of Bereishit.
- Boulder Family Hosting Eden Village Summer Camp Informational Meeting (1/26/2017) - 28 Tevet 5777 - Come learn about a new kind of Jewish camp!
- Information Meeting for Adventure B’nai Mitzvah Class (1/24/2017) - 26 Tevet 5777 - Perhaps you’ve heard the buzz about the Adventure Rabbi’s innovative Bar and Bat Mitzvah training program? Join us tonight for an information meeting.
- A Shabbat Nugget: Parashat Vaera (1/26/2017) - 28 Tevet 5777 - In this week's Torah portion we read about the ten plagues that G-d exacted on Pharoh and the Egyptians in order to get them to agree to let the Jews leave Egypt.
- Plant a Tree in Israel and Enter to Win a Trip to the Holy Land (1/24/2017) - 26 Tevet 5777 - Jewish National Fund is celebrating Tu B'Shvat by giving one lucky winner the chance to travel to Israel and have a once in a lifetime experience for free! Find out how to enter.
- Baruch Dayan HaEmet: Daniel Shawn Haimovich z”l (1/24/2017) - 26 Tevet 5777 - Daniel Shawn Haimovich, nephew of Gali Beh, passed away early Monday morning in Tuscon, Arizona.
Arts and Culture
- Moishe House Boulder Brings Sustainability Into 2017 (1/22/2017) - 24 Tevet 5777 - In line with their pro-environmental views, Moishe House Boulder, a community building organization for Jewish young adults, held a "Where is the gas in glass?" open house at Fire glass-blowing studio in Denver.