Have a great weekend, stay warm and enjoy this week’s stories in the BJN:
- Creating Inclusion in Be’er Sheva Through the Power of Dance (2/2/2017) - 6 Shevat 5777 - It’s not every day that one sees children with various disabilities like cerebral palsy, autism, or Down syndrome put on a professional dance performance before a crowded theater.
- Light Rules (2/2/2017) - 6 Shevat 5777 - On Tuesday, January 31st 2017, several JCC’s around the country received bomb threats. The Boulder JCC was one of them.
- JEWISHcolorado to Host Local Memorial for Ramat Negev’s Rifman (2/2/2017) - 6 Shevat 5777 - JEWISHcolorado is hosting a memorial service in Denver for Shmulik Rifman at Temple Emanuel in Denver on Monday, February 6th.
- Women’s Tu B’Shvat – Friday Night Out (2/2/2017) - 6 Shevat 5777 - Next Friday evening, February 10th, is our annual “Women’s Friday Night,” a community dinner open to the entire female Jewish community.
- A Shabbat Nugget: Parashat Bo (2/2/2017) - 6 Shevat 5777 - In this week's Torah portion we read about the exile from Egypt.
- Baruch Dayan HaEmet: Shmuel Rifkin z”l, Mayor of Ramat HaNegev (1/30/2017) - 3 Shevat 5777 - Shmuel "Shmulik" Rifman, Mayor of the Ramat HaNegev Regional Council in Israel, passed away today, January 30th, after a long and hard fought illness.
- Rachel Gotthelf Bat Mitzvah (1/30/2017) - 3 Shevat 5777 - On Saturday, February 4th, 2017, Rachel Gotthelf will be called to the Torah as a Bat Mitzvah at Congregation Har HaShem.
- Baruch Dayan HaEmet: Ariella Hartshorn z”l (1/29/2017) - 2 Shevat 5777 - Ariella Hartshorn, who had been a member of Bonai Shalom, passed away early in the morning of January 27, 2016. There is a memorial service on Monday, January 30th.
Arts and Culture
- Festival Films Are All About Heart (2/2/2017) - 6 Shevat 5777 - Tickets are now on sale for the 5th annual Boulder Jewish Film Festival, featuring a plethora of feel-good films.
- Soul Food Salon Debuts with a Musical Tribute to Leonard Cohen (1/29/2017) - 2 Shevat 5777 - Join ACE for an evening of music, story, song and conversation as we remember Leonard Cohen at the first Soul Food Salon and Cafe, Tuesday, January 31.