Shabbat Shalom! BJN would like to share with our Jewish community that the Islamic Center of Boulder is having an Open House open to the entire community this Sunday, February 19th, 2017 from 1:00 pm to 3:00 pm. The Center is located at 5495 Baseline Rd, at the northwest corner of Baseline and 55th St. They published the following message on their website:
Dear neighbors, fellow citizens of the Boulder community, and respected well-wishers:
We express our sincere gratitude to all of you for your great support during this unusual political climate. Your thoughtful letters and caring messages have touched our hearts deeply, and will surely strengthen our relations with the greater community.
The ban to enter the U.S., imposed on refugees and travelers from many Muslim-majority nations, goes against the founding principles of our nation and its inherent hospitality. It is an extreme policy setback and we are saddened by this ban. We hope that a better sense, in tune with America’s all-inclusive spirit, will prevail among our leaders.
We kindly invite you to our open house that will take place on Feb. 19, God willing. We very much look forward to meeting you.
Have a great weekend, and enjoy this week’s stories in the BJN:
- Phillips Early Childhood Center Hosts Leaders in Early Childhood Jewish Education (2/16/2017) - 20 Shevat 5777 - This past month, the Boulder JCC hosted the second think tank of JCC Association of North America’s Sheva Lab Communities.
- Opinion: Boulder JCC, A Place for Parents to Connect (2/16/2017) - 20 Shevat 5777 - When the Parenting Place of Boulder closed in 2013, it created a vacuum in the community. Agency board members hoped other organizations would step in to provide classes and services in Boulder County.
- Jewish National Fund Leaves No One Behind (2/15/2017) - 19 Shevat 5777 - Jewish National Fund is once again calling attention to those who are sometimes forgotten during Jewish Disabilities Awareness & Inclusion Month (JDAIM).
- JCC Association Issues Statement on Immigration (2/15/2017) - 19 Shevat 5777 - This week the Board of the JCC Association issued a Statement on Immigration to share some of the core values that JCCs uphold.
- Parashat Yitro: Incapacitating the Denier (2/16/2017) - 20 Shevat 5777 - In this weeks Torah portion, we learn about the giving of the Ten Commandments at Mt. Sinai.
- Bonai Shalom Invites the Community to Purim at Hogwarts (2/13/2017) - 17 Shevat 5777 - Bring the kids Sunday March 12th for an unforgettable Purim.
- Bonai Shalom Announces New Challah Fundraiser (2/12/2017) - 16 Shevat 5777 - Bonai Shalom is offering a wonderful opportunity to bring home some fresh-baked Challah, made with a new and improved recipe, while supporting the congregation.
- On Trees and Bees — Tu B’Shvat in Israel (2/12/2017) - 16 Shevat 5777 - While many in the Diaspora may still be blanketed under snow or still facing the winter, Israelis observe Tu B'Shvat with festive tree planting celebrations in the newly green hills and valleys.
- Samantha Rondash Bat Mitzvah (2/12/2017) - 16 Shevat 5777 - On Saturday, February 11th, 2017, Sami (Samantha Grace) Rondash was called to the Torah as a Bat Mitzvah at Congregation Nevei Kodesh.
- Boulder JCC Reflections Rising Stars, Rachel and Eyal Namordi (2/16/2017) - 20 Shevat 5777 - At Reflections 2017, the Boulder JCC is thrilled to be honoring Rising Stars, Rachel and Eyal Namordi.
- Boulder JCC Presents Reflections Volunteer Star, Carol Secor (2/15/2017) - 19 Shevat 5777 - This year, the Boulder JCC is excited to be honoring Volunteer Star, Carol Secor, who has been instrumental in allowing the Jewish community and the JCC to thrive here in Boulder.
- Reflecting on Reflections: 10 Years of Fundraising for Our Community (2/12/2017) - 16 Shevat 5777 - It’s hard to believe that this year we are celebrating the 10th anniversary of our gala fundraiser. Our community has grown and expanded so much in the past decade, and this event is a prime example of that.