Shabbat Shalom and chag sameach! Hope you’re having a good and meaningful Passover 5777. Be sure to check out our Passover page to see all our Passover-related coverage. BJN will be on a limited schedule for the next week as we do not publish on chagim (holidays).
Have a great weekend, and enjoy this week’s stories in the BJN:
- Coming Together Over Charoset: Contest Winner Featured at Whole Foods (4/9/2017) - 13 Nisan 5777 - Who would have thought that the prepared foods counter at the Whole Foods on Pearl Street would be the place where the Jewish community goes to feel a sense of pride?
- Passover Drash: A Formula for the Epic Charoses (4/9/2017) - 13 Nisan 5777 - One of the centerpieces of the Seder plate is the Charoses which is meant to remind us of the mortar with which our ancestors bonded bricks when they were enslaved in Egypt. On the other hand there is also a celebratory element of the Charoses. How should we understand these to different messages?
- Aryeh Green, International Speaker, at Hillel on Wednesday (4/13/2017) - 17 Nisan 5777 - CU-Boulder Hillel invites all community members to join us Wednesday, April 19, 2017 at the Hillel House for an engaging session with Aryeh Green.
- Remembering the 70th Anniversary of the Nuremberg Doctors’ Trial (4/12/2017) - 16 Nisan 5777 - This year marks the 70th anniversary of the Nuremberg doctors’ trial where 20 Nazi physicians were brought to account for heinous crimes against humanity.
- Teens: The Big Deal Bowling (4/12/2017) - 16 Nisan 5777 - The Big Deal presents Neon Bowling for teens at the UMC on April 22nd!