Come and join Boulder Hadassah in A Walk for Health, Sunday, August 23 at 9:00 am. This landmark event will be held at Coot Lake, 6247 63rd St. in Boulder, north of the Diagonal at 63rd, with parking at Tom Watson parking lot on the right side of the street. The route is 1.2 miles around the lake (let’s go twice!). Water provided. $5 suggested donation. Remember to bring sunscreen and a hat! To register, email Sandy at email@example.com or call her at 303-257-3995.
The American Heart Association notes that:
- Heart disease is the No. 1 killer of women, and is more deadly than all forms of cancer combined.
- Heart disease causes 1 in 3 women’s deaths each year, killing approximately one woman every minute.
- An estimated 43 million women in the S. are affected by heart disease.
- Ninety percent of women have one or more risk factors for developing heart disease.
- Since 1984, more women than men have died each year from heart disease.
- The symptoms of heart disease can be different in women and men, and are often misunderstood.
- While 1 in 31 American women dies from breast cancer each year, 1 in 3 dies of heart disease.
- Only 1 in 5 American women believe that heart disease is her greatest health threat.
- Women comprise only 24 percent of participants in all heart-related studies.