The Boulder Jewish Community Center’s annual Reflections event was the cat’s meow! This year’s gala took us back in time to the roaring twenties, as almost 400 attendees were entertained by a 1920’s style dance troop and 1920’s era characters circulating through the crowd. Following last year’s tradition of increased schmooze time and offering several buffet dinner stations, this year also saw the addition of mobile bidding to purchase silent auction items.
The event honored Bright Stars Michelle and Michael Osterman, and Rising Stars Paula and Amit Pollachek, and featured tribute videos highlighting their contributions to the Boulder JCC and beyond:
During the program, Boulder JCC President Matt Rich shared 2013 JCC Highlights, including:
- Serving over 7.000 individuals in the community
- The addition of a transitional kindergarten in the JCC Preschool
- Engaging over 300 children in JCC specialty day camps
- Launching Camp Inc. this summer, the first Jewish overnight camp on business and entrepreneurship for teens entering 7th-12th grades
- City Council’s approval of the Boulder JCC Building Project
This year’s gala raised over $110,000, including almost $40,000 for youth scholarships. The Boulder JCC thanked the numerous Reflections sponsors who helped make this evening possible.
While reflecting on the evening’s success, Jonathan Lev, Boulder JCC Executive Director shared:
There are times when you recognize what’s possible in our community. This was one of those times.”
Slide shows from the event:
Slide show number 2: