Noam Zion is a fellow at the Shalom Hartman Institute in Jerusalem for Advanced Jewish Studies and has a Master of Arts in Philosophy from Columbia University. His numerous publications include: A Different Night: The Family Participation Haggadah, A Different Light: The Big Book of Hanukkah, and A Day Apart: Shabbat at Home.
Following is the schedule for the weekend:
- Friday services begin at 6:00pm. Talk: “The Three Great American Seders and Beyond.”
- Friday dinner, 7:00-8:00pm.
- Talk: 8:00-9:00pm, “The Guide to the Perplexed Seder Leader and Her/His Guests: Maximizing Participation at the Seder.”
- Saturday services begin at 9:30am. Talk: A Second Seder Plate: “This Year in Jerusalem’ at Your Passover Table.”
- Lunch and Talk following services, 12 noon-1:30pm: “The Art, Politics and Psychology of the Four Daughters and the Four Sons.”
- 6:30pm, Talk: “Four Questions from the Haggadah and One from Primo Levi: Educating for Freedom.”
Reservations for Friday dinner must be made in advance to firstname.lastname@example.org. Cost is $18 per adult, $12 per child (under age 13). There will be an opportunity to buy signed books after Havdalah (8:00pm).