Boulder Book Store is joining with Reading Village and 100 Book Day for a Story-a-Thon on Saturday, January 21 starting at 10:00 am. Local personalities and authors will share their passion for books with children of all ages for seven hours of fun and storytelling in both English and Spanish. Proceeds will benefit Reading Village’s work in Guatemala.
Clementine Art Studio will also offer a Bookmark Project Station where kids can make their own, or create a bookmark for kids in Guatemala. And attendees will have an opportunity to win a fabulous door prize, containing lots of goodies (and a BBS gift card)!
Schedule of Readings:
- 10:00 am—David Dadone (Executive Director, BMoCA) – Reading in Spanish
- 10:30 am—Guillermo Medina (Principal of Columbine Elementary) – Reading in Spanish
- 11:00 am—Mark Megibow (Beat-boxer for vocal band Face)
- 11:30 am—Jeff Kagan & Paige Doughty (Environmental musicians and performers)
- 12:00 pm—Sonny Zinn (Principal of Horizons K-8)
- 12:30 pm—Beth Osnes (Professor of Theater, founder of the Striking the Match Initiative)
- 1:00 pm—Linda Smith (Founder of Reading Village)
- 1:30 pm—Laura Resau (Author, The Queen of Water, The Ruby Notebook)
- 2:00 pm—Lee Shainis (Intercambio) & Shawn Camden (Founder and President of The Spanish Institute and 100% Mexicano) – Reading in Spanish
- 2:30 pm—Lisa Holub (Director of Education, Clementine Studio / OpenArts)
- 3:00 pm—Kerry MacLean (Author, Pigs Over Colorado, Peaceful Piggy Meditation)
- 3:30 pm—Nicole de Boom (Triathlete, Founder of Skirts Sports)
- 4:00 pm—Xiuhtezcatl Martinez (Earth Guardians)
- 4:30 pm—Melanie Borski-Howard (Youth Services Specialist at Boulder Public Library)
This is a FREE Storytime event, open to all, whether you only have time to stop by for a few stories or plan to stick around all day! Donations to Reading Village are encouraged.
Reading Village provides leadership development training and scholarships for Guatemalan teenagers to finish high school. In return, these teens lead story-time activities for young children, teaching them to read, imparting a love of books and the chance to dream.
Location: Boulder Book Store, 1107 Pearl St, Boulder